Rogue Trade Force Proxy?

Julgolax

I'm just wondering if I used Imperial Guard / Tempestus Scions if that would be a good place to represent a Rogue Trader and his mercenary army.

Commissar Lord? - Rogue Trader

Command Squad - as is?

Tempestus Scions - Trader's Elites

Guardsmen - Mercenary Company

Imperial Freeblade Knight - as is? (Possible Alternative to RT on foot?)

Sentinel Squadrons - Mercenary Mechanized Scouts

Leman Russ Squadrons - Mercenary Armored Company

Valkyries - as is?

Taurox - as is?

Chimaera - as is?

Would that be acceptable?

Although this the Armies of the Imperium section, there is a separate section altogether which would be better suited for your question: Astra Militarum. If you wanted to discus a rogue trader inquisitor with his henchmen crew then you would be in the right place, and I could help you. I have been thinking very ardently about a rogue trader warband, and in fact have started a couple guys myself. I'll have work in progress photos up soon, but for now the throng is mainly very inquisitorial.

You could always use the wonderful Castellans of the Imperium (aka "Imperial Allsorts") detachment to represent the force?  That way you can mix in your Imperial Guard Astra Militarum units to taste, and also have access to some other funky stuff from the =][= and Space Marine factions. Rogue Trader cruising around in a Land Raider?

You've also then got access to Commissars if you want to go that way, or you could use an Inquisitor to represent the Rogue Trader as Lichterstein suggested.  Personally, that's the way I'd go - I feel like they're a lot more customisable, and have access to funkier, more outlandish weapons (which suits my mental picture of what a Rogue Trader would look like).

I think KiwiBen has a good idea. I think that an inquisitor and retinue better represent a Rogue Trader and the sort of eclectic mix of spacefarers that would accompany him. Rogue Traders are not military so I don't think the highly regimented format of AM fits them as well except as mercenary veterans which is fitting.

Archived