Warmaster and Urdesh are still coming!

DukeLeto69

Nothing awesome here. December 2017? That's coming soon? 10 months - golly gee. The books was finished last month - why it take a fething year to release it?

The obvious explanation - they want something solid for the Black Library Weekender 2017 release

Nothing awesome here. December 2017? That's coming soon? 10 months - :cuss. The books was finished last month - why it take a fething year to release it?

The obvious explanation - they want something solid for the Black Library Weekender 2017 release

You got your answer from Laurie on another thread. Apparently it takes approx 11 months from delivery of first draft to go through edits and rewrites and then printing and shipping all over the world for simultaneous release!

That would be because BL are a small time publisher that the mass market has no clue about. I wonder if publishing times of 11 months have anything to do with that.

BL is not a small publisher comparing to a lot of small publishers like Gretch, Frederick and Po, Minestrel etc. I think you heard zero about them - BUT BL is first on Google Search and has a lot of fame even in Slavik world. So it has nothing to do with the small publishers. 

I think you will find that you're putting words where I didn't say any. I said they are small time that the mass market has no clue about.

That could change with a decent movie. But that is another topic entirely and a movie will never happen.

I think you will find that you're putting words where I didn't say any. I said they are small time that the mass market has no clue about.

That could change with a decent movie. But that is another topic entirely and a movie will never happen.

True. Because GW is greedy as hell and to create a truly magnificent W40K movie you need: not bollywood producer and director (who also love W40K); a lot of money for sceneries and CGI work; a lot of money for at least 2-3 famous moviestars to get 'teenagers' into the cinemas; good chosen story to start with :)

As for the publisher - from my point of view BL is not a small time. And mass market definitely know them.

@Mellow: BL has several New York Times bestsellers (well at least one) - in some aspects, the books it publishes (in particular the opening trilogy to the Horus Heresy) are better known then Games Workshop itself is. Black Library books are sold by major book retailers in several countries around the world. To me, that sounds like they are known by the mass market (to the extent that you are speaking about science fiction nerds as "mass market" ;) )

I really can't wait for this release :) Well, actually, I can, I still haven't read Blood Pact XD What I hope is that they sell the completed work as an omnibus (once the final book is also out) as I have the first three omnibuses in the same format :P

@Mellow: BL has several New York Times bestsellers (well at least one) - in some aspects, the books it publishes (in particular the opening trilogy to the Horus Heresy) are better known then Games Workshop itself is. Black Library books are sold by major book retailers in several countries around the world. To me, that sounds like they are known by the mass market (to the extent that you are speaking about science fiction nerds as "mass market" msn-wink.gif )

I really can't wait for this release smile.png Well, actually, I can, I still haven't read Blood Pact XD What I hope is that they sell the completed work as an omnibus (once the final book is also out) as I have the first three omnibuses in the same format tongue.png

Yes - you still have to go through Blood Pact, then Salvation Reach , then Sabbat Crusade anthology shorts - but you can do it any time and eventually you will finish them very quickly (that's usually happens reading good stuff).

The problem is - Warmaster release in December (10 months to wait) and after that? Another 5 years till next book? I do not believe that Abnett will fully focus on BL while comics stuff providing much more solid and bigger income.

Sometimes I do adorne fans who hasn't read GG yet - they still have 12 books to go + anthologies and background and shorts + Double Eagle and Titanicus. What an amazing road ahead of them.

But... eventually after they will read all that - they would come to the same point - to wait for 3-5 years till the next novel would be released, sigh...

Very excited for this, gonna need to re-read Blood Pact now been years since I read it.

Also I bought the SABBAT CRUSADE anthology which if know one here has read yet really need to go and get this, easily one of the best anthologies BL have ever done!

Very excited for this, gonna need to re-read Blood Pact now been years since I read it.

Also I bought the SABBAT CRUSADE anthology which if know one here has read yet really need to go and get this, easily one of the best anthologies BL have ever done!

Everyone already read it - tis old as frozen hell. It's absolutely not a mandatory read. Yes - Abnett and Vincent shorts are a direct continuation for Salvation Reach and a road to Warmaster. But are they that important? Nope - you could successfully skip them and lose absolutely nothing. Simple fan-service.

On the other hand - let's our 10 month watch continues

Everyone already read it - tis old as frozen hell. It's absolutely not a mandatory read. Yes - Abnett and Vincent shorts are a direct continuation for Salvation Reach and a road to Warmaster. But are they that important? Nope - you could successfully skip them and lose absolutely nothing. Simple fan-service.

Simple fan service is exactly why I'm suggesting it rolleyesnew.gif

It boggles my mind you can say that Sabbat Crusade is not required reading for a book that has not even been published and the contents of which you do not know.

Simple fan service is exactly why I'm suggesting it rolleyesnew.gif

I hate anime fillers, so not a big fan of comics and fan service in prose novels - if you get me rolleyesnew.gif

Hasn't Abnett said that he considers the anthologies essential reading?

Sabbat Crusade has several plot-links to Warmaster.

Yeap he said that - but I read them a long time ago - and from their 'narrative' they give 'nothing' in general term.

Archived