Do Krieg need a Crassus/Gorgon?

major higgins

Hi comrades,

As I stated above I planned to expand my Krieg army to 3000 points and thinking about a large transport, in order to move a bunch of Engineers around the table. My idea is to stroll them aorund pretty safely and drop them where I need to grab an objective (such enemy base, relic ecc ecc). I saw that one of the worst situation for Krieg is to move infantry around and put them where you need, take a place and hold it. With this superheavy I surely can put my men where I want, but I fear that they can't grab and hold the terrain anyway. So do you think that a superheavy transport worth its point cost in game terms, or better should be to take more guns and blaze the enemy away fron this hot spot?

Actually I have 3 Heartshaker guns, 2 Russes Annihilator, 2 Eradicator, 3 Heavy mortars, 3 Rapiers, and 1 hellhound... I can put down a second detachment and add 2 thunderers to the equation..

Advise? Combat experience with Crassus/Gorgon...

Thank You

A super-heavy transport is no small investment, you'd want it to be transporting something of note and be a part of your battle plan to be worth the investment. For holding objectives I wonder if the points might be better spent on more troops - a SH vehicle closer to the enemy becomes vulnerable to assault too :confused:

Hi major Higgins.

I am in the process of rebuilding my DKoK.

I have played them on and off ever since the squad

advancing set was first released!

Personally I love the models for both Gorgon and Crassus.

That said I think the best way of moving Engineers around

is the Hades Beaching Drill.

In the new Vraks book there's a detachment geared up

for fielding Gorgons en masse!

Haven't got it in front of me but iirc it grants any unit

disembarking from one get Furious Charge!!

That should add some teeth to your assault.  

Hope that helps some.

Aye.

Mostly I play siege list, where I have one squad of Engineers with hades, but the other two slots for elites are occupied by Heavy Mortars and Rapiers. On the other hands in my troop section I have a platoon of 5 squad of infantry line and two squads of Engineers which I use to counterstrike any enemy who reach my lines. More than often they remain stationary and unused for the entire game, so I'm planning to move them on the need. Siege list have no acces to standar transport (as you know) so a Crassus seams to me the best option.

Now that I have to enlarge my list from 2500 pts to 3000, What I'm thinking about is to put a couple of assaulting assets:

A squad of 9 Death Riders for the immediate counterstrike, and a commissar general with a couple of Engineers squad armed to the theet (Meltagun, H. Flamer, and Power Weapon) in a Crassus.

The other option is to put a couple of Thunderer and 3 Cyclops to blast away any threat...

• 5 months later...