Cerberus or Falchion

The Ironic Warrior

Hey everybody

Deciding on next purchase to go with my Sons of Horus army in the not-too-distant-future and I'm torn between the Cerberus and the Falchion. Does anyone have experience with (or against) either of these beauties and any recommendations? 

BTW: Our gaming group is using the 30k version of the D strength so bear that in mind when giving feedback

Thanks!

I've never seen a real cerberus. Falchion appears to be more popular, but maybe because it looks awesome.

played against an iron hands falchion, killed two knights in two turns. 'nuff said

'Giving feedback'. HEH. I see what you did there. ;)

I've faced a Cerberus a couple of times, and it killed anything it touched. Though only having 6 hullpoints meant it wasn't too hard to chew through.

I've heard good things about the Falchion with it's new upgrade.

I've never seen a real cerberus. Falchion appears to be more popular, but maybe because it looks awesome.

played against an iron hands falchion, killed two knights in two turns. 'nuff said

I LOVE the look of the Falchion....it just looks like a Tank Destroyer. But I must say I do like the fact the Cerberus comes with a censored.gif Flare Shield! I'd imagine that thing's a pain to get rid of (Plus it's smaller and easier to hide) but the Falchion just looks so damn nice! That's pretty insane it killed 2 in as many turns, was that with 30k D or BrB D?

'Giving feedback'. HEH. I see what you did there. msn-wink.gif

I'd love to say that was intentional, but I spotted it after I wrote it - entirely by accident but I'll take credit all the same msn-wink.gif

I would say Falchion since you can always add Neutron Wave Capacitor to Falchion in order to get same effect as Cerberus.

Also Shadowsword is a good option if you want Volcano Cannon.

I like the idea of the Volcano Cannon - it just smacks me as being more a "I want that armour gone now" weapon. Plus the fact you can add the Shock Pulse and Feedback rule means it does the same job just better!

Falchion, definitely!

Well I think that's my mind made up then msn-wink.gif

If cerberus had rules similar to laser vindicator, meaning he shoots 3 times if standing still, I could see the potential, but with d3 shots that still have to hit, it's way to random. Never saw any point in taking this tank...

I'm firmly in the Typhon/Stormsword crowd but if I was going for a pure hard target deletion tank I'd go with the Falchion. With hot dice it can one shot nearly anything in the game currently short of a Reaver or Warlord. If your group is using the 30k D chart it is no contest.

I own a Falchion but not a Cerberus , I think the Falchion is the better tank killer , while still have significant melee clearing ability , the quad las cannons on the falchion  also perform well  in dealing with additional threats , or further killing the  thing its dealing with.  It is easier to remove , but its got a bit more punch. 

If the Cerberus is ever upgraded to fire in the same manner as the vindicator laser destroyer , then it may be the better choice , but with the falchion  you  are always just 1 6 on the chart from  ruining someones entire day , and it gets through the flare shield of spartans pretty easily. 

Archived