Inquisition Tactical Objectives

Hi all, some questions around Inquisition tactical objectives - Fall of Cadia introduced 6 tactical objectives for the Inquisition to replace objectives 21, 22, 23 etc. My understanding is if your warlord is from a specific faction you have to use that factions tactical objectives instead of the corresponding numbered objectives that normally come up. Since the inqusition objectives fall under the 2- series rather than 1-, can you use Inquisition objectives alongside another set such as Space Marines so that any 1- or 2- card would be replaced with a Space Marine or Inquisition objective? If so can you choose which Objective set to use to replace the 1- series if you have an Inquisitor warlord? And finally are the Inquisitor objectives mandatory if you have an inquisitor in your army but is not your warlord?

I saw Matt on miniwargaming used both Inquisition and Astra Millitarum for his Army of the Imperium and Greyfax was his warlord so I'm interested to know the answers to these.

Cheers.

It's only if you have an inquisitor in your army, I believe. In which case, you can replace the 21-26 objectives. This has no baring on your 11-16, since they are governed by your warlord. So as long as your warlord can take their own objectives, and you take an inquisitor, you can swap out 11-16 for their faction, and 21-26 for inquisition.

It's only if you have an inquisitor in your army, I believe. In which case, you can replace the 21-26 objectives. This has no baring on your 11-16, since they are governed by your warlord. So as long as your warlord can take their own objectives, and you take an inquisitor, you can swap out 11-16 for their faction, and 21-26 for inquisition.

Thanks, and if an Inquisitor is your warlord? Can you optionally take another factions 11-16 depending on what is in your army?

They're in the first Gathering Storm - Fall of Cadia

Cheers

Well if you utilize the formation from Codex: Imperial Agents, you can actually have a Warlord, then an Inquisitor who still gets a Warlord trait, then swap objectives for your primary force (although mine is Codex: Militarum Tempestus so I don't have any) and the Inquisition objectives then.  Interesting.  And good to know! :)  Thanks for the clarification.

Archived