Feel No Pain vs Signs and Portents

Nusquam

I'm agreeing with the "the wound is discounted ergo Pinning tests never happen" interpretation. It's the easiest to work through without hassle with regards to time saving and it's the most consistent with other similar rules disputes. I'd expect an FAQ to vote in favour of that interpretation. 

Some good and meaningful discussion going on here, but I think the Helfrost rule clinches it.

This is a specific example of something happening after taking a wound, that FNP negates - so it stands to reason that FNP would negate signs and portents as well.

I think a better example rules interaction is Helfrost and Necron Reanimation Protocols. Both the RP roll and the toughness test from helfrost are technically resolved at the same time (sorta like an immediate pinning check and FnP on an suffered wound). I can't find it atm but GW's FAQ response was that when determining the sequencing of two rules, the player who's turn it is decides. So in the Wolves shooting phase helfrost toughness tests can negate reanimation protocols. But in the Necron players turn, he gets to choose to roll his RP rolls before taking a toughness test.

Perhaps the same logic could be applied to S&P. Since perils will (almost) always happen in the Tsons players turn, there will be no trouble sequencing the FnP before the pinning check (and if FnP is passed, then they didn't really "suffer" a wound to begin with imo).

Just my opinion msn-wink.gif

Archived