Inq. 'henchmen' base sizes

dogfender

Since no new models have been released for any 'henchmen', could someone please tell me what bases to use? I assume 25mm, but it looks like Greyfax (only plastic Inq is on a larger base). Just trying to figure out the base creep. and no, I dont have any standard henchmen models to use the base to come with them =P

All the actual henchmen come on 25s.  For the normal size of the models (usually "human" sized), and the fact that they're not space marines, I'd be inclined to stick with 25s myself.  That said, depending on how you're modelling them, I don't think anyone is going to begrudge you a 32 if you wanted to use the larger ones.

If Greyfax does, indeed, have a 32 mm base (a bit hard to tell from the pics I've seen), I'd imagine it's because she's wearing power armour.

As near as I can tell, anything human-sized or smaller and not in power armour is still sold with the old 25 mm bases. Whereas GW swapped-out those bases for 32's in all the existing Space Marine kits.

All the actual henchmen come on 25s.  For the normal size of the models (usually "human" sized), and the fact that they're not space marines, I'd be inclined to stick with 25s myself.  That said, depending on how you're modelling them, I don't think anyone is going to begrudge you a 32 if you wanted to use the larger ones.

It's been a while since I've read that section, but I think the main rulebook even says that "size doesn't matter" and you can use whatever size base you want (within reason).

Personally, I think that my marines that I haven't re-based look goofy on 25 mm, but I think 32 is too big and would look "off" in a different way if there's just a regular human standing on it. Your mileage may vary, however.

I think the metals all still have 25mm bases. But Celestine's 2 friends have 32mm bases, and the Saint herself is on a 40mm.

I don't think they make slotta bases in 32mm though, so that could be the reason. One day, when we get plastic sisters, they may well decide to go to 32mm

Archived