Information on the Pariah gene, from Inferno.

Athrawes

That could also be a reason why Jade is enacting experiments on his brother primarchs. To understand their pariahness.

By the way: is it possible to create an armkr which gives you similar powers to a pariah? Maybe he constructed one or a serum to battle the psykers on jin personaly. Or at least a helmet which blocks the powers of a psykers out. (like magnetos helmet)

And about creating extra rules. I think grifft should decide cuz our whole pariahsystem is based on his works. I for my part am not so keen to add extra rules cuz it increases the bookkeeping and as pariah powers are already that expensive compared to psykers a drawback just because fw dropped a sentence on it is a bit much. I would prefer to find a fluffy workaround like it was a political statement to maybe hide the nature of one of the lost legions (in canon).

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

The mental tranquility idea sounds most fitting to me, especially given that he was raised in a remote Monastary by monks before he became a conqueror if I recall correctly. Perhaps the monks' mental training helps them resist the foul magicks of the Warlords and because of that they're targeted for destruction once discovered as the Warlords fear their teachings could threaten their powerbase, hence leading Jade down the path of war and eventually world conquest.

Yeah, I like the idea of his own immense mental discipline resisting psychic power. As for the rest, it seems I may need to rejig Jade's origin story. Hmmm...

I think the non-pariah Warriors would probably see the Pariahs as Jade's "chosen sons", rather than having animosity toward them. That said, they would still be outcasts in the legion, but that's just their nature.

Well in my mind there would only ever be around 300 Pariahs at one time. They would have a unique bond to the General but they wouldn't necessarily see themselves as superior to the rest of the legion. That's just not the way of the Warriors. The others might have a certain reverence for them, however.

I thought the jade general would view them as superior.

But that aside, how does he create them? Because wasn't it established that he can't actively create pariahs and that was his driving force? So the 300 are a mere coincedence? Or is it now the case that he can create pariahs, but he does not know what keeps them stable? Would give the starting point to hunt down pariahs from the wol for example and experiment on them.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

I thought the jade general would view them as superior.

But that aside, how does he create them? Because wasn't it established that he can't actively create pariahs and that was his driving force? So the 300 are a mere coincedence? Or is it now the case that he can create pariahs, but he does not know what keeps them stable? Would give the starting point to hunt down pariahs from the wol for example and experiment on them.

My thought was that Jade has had limited success in creating Pariahs with gene-seed. Basically, if an aspirant has genetic markers A-Z all in a row, he gets a Pariah. What his research is, at this point, is trying to find a way to increase the acceptance of other genetic signatures. Oh, and fewer side effects for the ones who do become Pariahs. 

Basically, Jade is messing around in the geneseed, removing any elements that signify latent psyker potential, and splicing in Pariah genes from a different source. Jade would then take a number of aspirants who may be compatible with the modified geneseed, and implanting them himself. However, the failure rate would still be ridiculously high, hence his research.

I don't know if Jade would see them as superior, just as a specialized tool for dealing with one of the biggest threats to humanity. However, he's a pragmatist, so he recognizes the value of his non-pariah warriors.

Maybe Jade obtains a legit Pariah subject (or a bunch of them for a larger test group) by searching worlds he brings into compliance, then uses Cloning to ensure a steady supply of potential Pariah recruits? Obviously the attrition rate would still be horrendous but it would help things dramatically.

Hi all. Sorry it's taken me a while to reply to this topic. For the first issue the Kabyiebian recruits have never specifically been Pariahs (I don't think), they simply have much higher chances of successful implantation than other recruits.

As for the Pariah rules I am looking back over them and comparing with the Forge World Sisters of Silence rules. Unfortunately there is little similarity between the 40k and 30k variations, so the rules I previously wrote seem somewhat disconnected from the ones now included in the Heresy. It may be that the rules change into something completely new in this next iteration, but that is a discussion for the Pariah Rules thread (which I will be posting in shortly).