Mephiston: Blood of Sanguinius

Mellow

HELP! OK, a bit dramatic, all I need is some advice :wink:

Interviews with authors aside cuz, duh, I have to keep doing BL author interviews or this bus will explode if I do under 50 a year...does it matter, is it recommended, to read Mephiston novella before Hinks' newer book or does the order not matter at all? Thanks!

This week is audio

next is Guy Haley's tank books & shorts accompanying those

then in some order:

Hinks

Laurie on Scythes (now novel, 2-3 shorts, audio...gonna just wait for this month's audio)

Still think I can get Josh Reynolds on in-person

several asks out or soon to be out once release/reading can commence. In a producer capacity I'm working on April - May shows and June is a bit ominous as, no secret here, we all know some things will be happening over the summer concerning the wider releases of this company:whistling:

HELP! OK, a bit dramatic, all I need is some advice :wink:

Interviews with authors aside cuz, duh, I have to keep doing BL author interviews or this bus will explode if I do under 50 a year...does it matter, is it recommended, to read Mephiston novella before Hinks' newer book or does the order not matter at all? Thanks!

You could go without it, but it goes with few interesting faith questions - what could be asked during the interview

This week is audio

next is Guy Haley's tank books & shorts accompanying those

then in some order:

Hinks

Laurie on Scythes (now novel, 2-3 shorts, audio...gonna just wait for this month's audio)

Still think I can get Josh Reynolds on in-person

several asks out or soon to be out once release/reading can commence. In a producer capacity I'm working on April - May shows and June is a bit ominous as, no secret here, we all know some things will be happening over the summer concerning the wider releases of this company:whistling:

Ahhh - 'tankers' novels were good. Adorne 'Shadowsword'  - ask Haley about 'devil in the bush' ;)

• 1 year later...

Please note the date of the post prior to this one.

I've started reading this one this xmas and i'm about 25% in.

Not a lot has happened so far. There was a bit of a weird time jump which I thought was a flashback but it was a jump forward.

The Mephiston character in this book is a little peculiar and a lot more of a rebel than I would have initially thought.

Considering that it's not that old a book, it has the feel of a book where the author is being given free reign with the IP (not that anything is particularly controversial) just odd politcking (odd in that it feels contrived and not quite right for me) within the BA chapter and so on.

We've seen a new xenos race in it already (mainly to showcase Mephiston) and some of the trademark actions of the Blood Angels.

Which is the novel where Mephiston uses time travel ?

If it's this book, then not yet.

It's getting better as I get further in. i've just passed the half-way mark and there was a decent bit of action. It's not brilliantly my cup of tea but it does feel very early BL when author discretion appeared to be wider (then again, I am a fan of lore that doesn't marry up perfectly - I think it's better for head canon)

Side note, but my favorite thing about time travel in works of fiction is that characters always seem to use it so myopically deux-ex-machina-ey for the plot at hand..... like the equivalent of "keys" in this scene: https://youtu.be/QhEWKSoAQdg

Only time time travel (IMHO) ever really made sense was The Terminator.

Archived