Staffy's Ultramarines and "friends" [reposing terminators]

StaffyManasse

Greetings!

I am working on a squad of Assault Terminators. My goal is to make them a bit more dynamic and add some narrative. Because of reasons I'm not going to disclose in the fear of Inquisition, I just so happen to have an ample supply of certain xenos bits and minis. This means I can make some veterans of the heroic 1st company in the time of the First Tyrannic War!

Now, this is my first time reposing minis so any advice is more than welcome!

http://i.imgur.com/AeuGl7Y.jpg

I started with the sergeant. I'm having some issues with the right arm. Seems like the TDA anatomy is getting in way of the picture I have in my head of him readying his arm for a final deadly swing. Any tips for that specifically?

Also, sorry about the xenos!

Great work so far.

Check out Sgt Gideon and the rest of the space hulk guys, also the dark vengeance deathwig chaps, no real help for lightning claws but as dynamic as any termies GW has produced.

May just help.

Also, kill the xenos. Kill it until it is dead. Then burn it. Burn it with fire.

That is all

Thanks!

I have been eyeing both Space Hulk and Dark Vengeance termies, but I have been intimidated by the amount of Blood Angel and Deathwing iconography I'd have to remove from them. But they're cool for sure.

Also, it seems my image link had died. Fixed now. 

Finished modeling the sergeant. Not too happy with the right arm, but I had some issues trying to turn the wrist and ruined one arm. Good thing I got spares. Green stuff skills definitely not there yet. I think I also melted the left claw a little when that bottle of plastic cement tipped over. Oh well, it is what it is.

http://i.imgur.com/5iiaLjz.jpg

I think the right arm looks fine.  However, if you do want to change it, perhaps cut it off just above the forearm, then glue it back on rotated so that the palm is down - it may give more action to the model, and make it look like either he just stabbed the guant or he is about to.

I think the right arm looks fine.  However, if you do want to change it, perhaps cut it off just above the forearm, then glue it back on rotated so that the palm is down - it may give more action to the model, and make it look like either he just stabbed the guant or he is about to.

Thanks, I decided to keep it as it is. Still four more of them to fiddle with.

Got some painting done. I'm still new-ish to painting and still trying to find my style. Usually I just pick an idea or technique I want to try and go for it. This time it's preshading.

Used Macragge Blue spray and then went full Mufasa with Ultramarine blue (Army Painter), Galgar Blue and Fenrisian Grey. Then washed with Drakenhoff Nighshade and Guilliman Blue glaze. Then I picked up all the non-blue non-metallic spots and painted them grey and washed with Nuln Oil. Pretty interesting so far!

http://i.imgur.com/JVjdmY5.jpg

Looking good so far, are you planning on painting any battle damage later on? 

Thanks! I am planning to add all kinds of scratches on him. Actually I was thinking about cutting them with a knife, but I forgot and just primed him lol. Next guy is going to meet the knife.

Also, I need to figure out the colour of the [ X E N O S ] blood... 

Looking great Staffy! I think the blood is described in the UM stories as a green ichor (could be wrong) - Maybe the Nurgle's Rot paint would work well for that?

I am reading a book at the moment with Cassius fighting Nids so if I come across any info I'll let you know :)

Nemac

Looking great Staffy! I think the blood is described in the UM stories as a green ichor (could be wrong) - Maybe the Nurgle's Rot paint would work well for that?

I am reading a book at the moment with Cassius fighting Nids so if I come across any info I'll let you know smile.png

Nemac

Thanks!

I have used Nihilakh Oxide for ichor purposes before, but not sure if it's the "right" choice. But yeah, if you do come up with anything, do tell!

Archived