EVENT - The Campaigns on the Eastern Fringe

Sigismund229

Question: where are House Toho and the Insurgos?

House Toho: Wasn't even aware they were supposed to be part of the Campaign on the Eastern Fringe. Can't really help you there

Insurgos: They're scattered across the Imperium conducting raids to keep loyalist forces occupied and disrupt supply lines etc. meaning that, while present, they aren't a "large-scale" force on the Eastern Fringe. 

Kelborn, which of those campaigns looks like the best fit for House Toho?

So long as the Insurgos are featured throughout the campaigns, I'm satisfied. 

We should consider how the Dune Serpets regroup after Azus' capture and how they organise themselves. Lawrenz should probably command the largest warband. working with smaller ones headed up by Falu'ak and Nachash of the twin elites. During this period several bass of traitor Serpents are broken, some eradicated and others absorbed as Icarion tries to fashion them into a sustainable force that he can exercise some control over.

As I understand it, the DS are pretty selfish and disinclined to follow authority. So, with Azus gone, I reckon the DS should shatter into a thousand pieces, each acting as it wishes.

Those with a greater sense of duty will regroup around Lawrenz and try to free Azus as well as keeping fighting his guerilla war. Others, like a bunch I've had an idea for, the 55th company the "Blood Eyed" will go around killing entire worlds for the sheer kicks by puting weaponized bath salts into their hives' air systems.

I think loyalty should count for more than that among Astartes. For comparison, when Sevatar splits the NL it's for the Legion's survival, and that's after having to assassinate warriors who, in a brotherhood known for duplicity and tactical cowardice, want t continue a futile struggle. Perhaps a few warbands of a thousand or so will insist on going their own way, but by and large the loyal Serpemts will try to aid their father. Exactly how will of course vary.

Lawrenz will defer to a Primarch readily, and his authority will sway plenty of marines.

Debatable. At least a few talk about the duty they were assigned to.

The Dune Serpents have more honour than that, and it should show early on. The degradation shouldn't be so sudden as to occur immediately after the Day of Revelation; rather it happens over the first several years.

I do wonder what Lawrenz would do about the fleet. Probably keep a reasonably large flotilla around the Gloriana, possibly linking up with some Void Eagles, but otherwise favour small detachments.

I humbly yet firmly request that, either when drawing up his plans to capture Azus or talking with Azus immediately after his capture, Nomus explains his strategy using the old adage "cut the head off the snake and the body will die" as he knows there's a good chance the Dune Serpents may shatter irrevocably without Azus to hold them together.

Already picturing a scene with Lawrenz and the captains who remain reliable, plotting their countermeasures and Azus' rescue.

"I see Nomus' game. It's the same one Narthan Dume and the Dirge cultists played against us on the salt wastes." He looked around the room. Few now would remember those days, Ibak knew, but not one man here questioned Lawrenz' words. "They think us cast irredeemably into disarray, but they've forgotten where we came from."

Nachash growled his assent. "They only did half the job anyway. Our Lord is captured, but he lives. They haven't killed the head, and we don't have to present a single body for them to kill."

Falu'ak nodded, speaking softer and more quietly than his brother. "This is the lore of Dhul’Hasa as well. We cannot answer the monolith on equal terms, we become as the sandstorm. Disperse when they strike at us, catch them when they are exposed, erode, smother them."

Kay,

think that it would make the most send to introduce House Toho within Phase 2. Along the Void Eagles, House Toho was sent to bolster the defenses.

In Phase 3, they join the Preds and the Serpents to arrange the trap for Nomus + join the overall counter offense of the Preds.

Already picturing a scene with Lawrenz and the captains who remain reliable, plotting their countermeasures and Azus' rescue.

"I see Nomus' game. It's the same one Narthan Dume and the Dirge cultists played against us on the salt wastes." He looked around the room. Few now would remember those days, Ibak knew, but not one man here questioned Lawrenz' words. "They think us cast irredeemably into disarray, but they've forgotten where we came from."

Nachash growled his assent. "They only did half the job anyway. Our Lord is captured, but he lives. They haven't killed the head, and we don't have to present a single body for them to kill."

Falu'ak nodded, speaking softer and more quietly than his brother. "This is the lore of Dhul’Hasa as well. We cannot answer the monolith on equal terms, we become as the sandstorm. Disperse when they strike at us, catch them when they are exposed, erode, smother them."

Yes.