Hit & Run retinue for Russ

Jackalwolf

So I've decided the best way for me to use the Pale Spear is to build a force like the Night of the Wolf, an army that can outmanouver everyone on foot with their extra run and charge distances, hit and run, etc.

Leading that will be the Wolf King himself, but my question is which should be his retinue heading into battle? He has to have at least with him a power armored marine and he'll gain Hit and Run which is intensely powerful to avoid anyone bogging him down. The options for his retinue are:

- Wolf-Kin of Russ: Nice ablative wounds plus 2+ look out sir plus in late game they can detach and deny an objective with their speed.

- Command Squad: Just the basic 3 artificer armor marines to grant Hit and Run, have another scoring unit if they survive until the end of the game, more ablative wounds and ability to play with their chosen warrior rule to accept/issue challenges. Also it could look pretty awesome from a modeling perspective.

- Speaker of the Dead in Aether rune armor: On top of Hit and Run, grants feel no pain and preferred enemy infantry

- Caster of Runes: Just added it cause it's cool and Russ would have one in his council for sure.

- 5 man veteran unit: Maybe the less fun of choices but more cost efficient? I'd rather go with the 3 command squad to give more modeling variety.

What is your advice gents?

Wolf-kin cannot join Russ so I guess you mean having them within 6"?

Why not go all in and take termie command squad, Speaker of the Dead and Caster of Runes (+Barky & Bitey within 6") for a special rule and psychic powers boogaloo?

That would become a death-star which your opponent canlot ignore.

Wolf-kin cannot join Russ so I guess you mean having them within 6"?

Why not go all in and take termie command squad, Speaker of the Dead and Caster of Runes (+Barky & Bitey within 6") for a special rule and psychic powers boogaloo?

That would become a death-star which your opponent canlot ignore.

Only issue is the terminators would prevent hit and run seems to be the current ruling. Also I'd honestly rather run forge lord with rad grenades then a caster. The Caster is only lvl 2 at max and even endurance isn't that good on just 1 wound models and if you already have a 5+ FNP. Enfeeble is actually okay. Warp speed and iron arm are meh as they only affect the Caster, I guess if you get both it can hurt.

Archived