Spoilers! Guy Haley's New work in progress BA title

Rafen IX

Knights of blood were debated by the Blood Angels officers in Dante.

Well there is a reason why they are declared renegade. It's not exactly safe to have them around you. Luckily they aren't stupid and usually kept their distance from their brothers. ;)

Well there is a reason why they are declared renegade. It's not exactly safe to have them around you. Luckily they aren't stupid and usually kept their distance from their brothers. :wink:

I just ordered my copy of Dante and you only raised my level of waiting by +1^^. (Now i want to know what they said about the Knights of Blood.)

-----------------------------------------

Also, about the Devastation of Baal, it may hold a lots of interpretation. As Devastation # Destruction, it may indicate that the Blood Angels homeworld, Chapter+Successors are going to suffer a lot, and though victory appear possible, the cost may be so hight that the Blood Angels will, as the fluff already state, end in a wounded state as they never known since the Horus Heresy and the aftermaths of the Battle of Terra.

Finally, this the Devastation of Baal events will opens the way for deep changes within the Chapter/Legion very nature....

------------------------------------------

On side note, on the Lamenters, i did prefer that they really stay away from the battle for Baal. This way it would only add another layer of Lament to them...for not being able to commit forces, they would end like the Ultramarine during the Horus Heresy, who were unable to reach for Terra and the decisive battle.

Well there is a reason why they are declared renegade. It's not exactly safe to have them around you. Luckily they aren't stupid and usually kept their distance from their brothers. :wink:

I just ordered my copy of Dante and you only raised my level of waiting by +1^^. (Now i want to know what they said about the Knights of Blood.)

-----------------------------------------

Also, about the Devastation of Baal, it may hold a lots of interpretation. As Devastation # Destruction, it may indicate that the Blood Angels homeworld, Chapter+Successors are going to suffer a lot, and though victory appear possible, the cost may be so hight that the Blood Angels will, as the fluff already state, end in a wounded state as they never known since the Horus Heresy and the aftermaths of the Battle of Terra.

Finally, this the Devastation of Baal events will opens the way for deep changes within the Chapter/Legion very nature....

------------------------------------------

On side note, on the Lamenters, i did prefer that they really stay away from the battle for Baal. This way it would only add another layer of Lament to them...for not being able to commit forces, they would end like the Ultramarine during the Horus Heresy, who were unable to reach for Terra and the decisive battle.

Sorry I don't know anything about what's in the Dante novel. That's just the known fluff about Knights of Blood from Shield of Baal etc. :D

It's partially hinted that Lamenters stayed away because they don't really exist anymore. They didn't even answer the request so it's not like they said "sorry we are busy currently" or something. ^^

i wonder if this is the vehicle they use to bring Sanguinius back.

besieged on all fronts etc etc, darkest hour yadda yadda. boom Sanguinius!!!

See, I am of the opposite mindset where this could be the vehicle that sees the squatting of the BA. The survivors "absorbed" into Ultramarines 2.0 to follow the newly returned Spiritual Liege <eye roll>.

But I've been negative lately, so <shrug>.

I really hope Haley does us proud and it really is our finest moment without any Deus Ex Machina/dead people returning just to sell models.

Lamenters may have never recieved the call - they are under inquisitorial supervision so it could have been intercepted or they may have been prevented from answering or maybe they turn up at the end of the book as a last reinforcement and get wiped out saving the last defenders of baal...

i wonder if this is the vehicle they use to bring Sanguinius back.

besieged on all fronts etc etc, darkest hour yadda yadda. boom Sanguinius!!!

See, I am of the opposite mindset where this could be the vehicle that sees the squatting of the BA. The survivors "absorbed" into Ultramarines 2.0 to follow the newly returned Spiritual Liege <eye roll>.

But I've been negative lately, so <shrug>.

I really hope Haley does us proud and it really is our finest moment without any Deus Ex Machina/dead people returning just to sell models.

I really can't see GW 'killing off' the Blood Angels via a plot device in some novel - what would they do with all that stock of BA-specific models?! Nor can I see them doing away with the idea of Chapters full stop. They're as relevant from a business point of view as they are from a flavour point of view - Jimmy likes space marines but he doesn't like blue? No problem Jimmy, just paint them yellow! Have this starter set and this paint bundle etc etc.

No idea what will be in the book - maybe it really is the prelude to Sanguinius. I'm on the fence about that one myself but whatever it is it's not literally the End Times...

I see a few mentions of SWs, and seeing as SW just went through a similar event its fitting. I am no BA, but If I may give my view. 

I think the quotation history on these posts is hilarious - spoilers nested 4-5 deep.

​If the Space Wolves more or less lose Fenris, then nothing is sacred. Which is good! It allows change and shake ups. I think of how Joss Whedon described writing Buffy, to summarize: "I imagine the worst thing that could happen to my characters. Then I think a little longer to figure out how it could be worse. Then I add jokes in the middle." I see Guy Haley doing something like that, but then leaving out the jokes and adding fight scenes.

Nothing is sacred. Not to getting into a one-upping contest but, SW -NEED- Fenris to survive Baal is a home planet but not a necessity for your to make new BA's. If Warzone: Fenris can leave us with 1 dead wolf, ~25% of our wolves dead, 1 planet cracked, and our only recruiting population being culled due to Chaos taint, there is very few things safe.

Mephiston's model is old, and he just got a book. Dante's model is old, and he just got a premium book. The Sanguinor's model isn't that old, but...

Triumvirate of Blood, anyone?

(Probably too much to hope for, I know!)

Very unlikely just because of those things. :biggrin.:

Triumvirate 1: Celestine didn't get a new book, the other two are completely new

Triumvirate 2: All of them are completely new and none got a book (obviously lol)

Triumvirate 3: Cypher didn't get a new book the other two are new/new-ish

:wink:

I honestly don't even take it as given that we'll get even more Triumvirate bundles to be honest. Magnus and Khârn didn't come in something like that either. Maybe it was just a Gathering Storm thing. ^^

I don't think there will be a BA triumvirate. SW's got nothing from theirs other than misery and a glorious fight. No priamrch, no triumvirate, half the formations were demons, a quarter SW, a quarter 1kSons. 

Just had a thought.
What if the BA barely 'survive' the Tyranid attack with only few Marines alive. They flee to Terra (for whatever reason)....and they become the first Chapter to get the Marine 2.0 treatment from RG because even better Marines would fit nicely for the shock&awe legion plus BA are one of the most respected legions/chapter still existing so RG would probably want them to stick around. :tongue.:

One of my best friends thinks rg will excommunicate the blood angels because of the red thirst and black rage. I really doubt it, personally.

That's actually very unlikely imo.

If he kills off BA he also has to deal with Space Wolves. RG is smart enough to not make even more enemies or drive them to join forces with an already existing threat.

Not saying what I said above is very likely tho. Just a fun thought I had and something that would make me instantly like the idea of Marines 2.0 :biggrin.:

RG won't excommunicate BA's. If he does that then might as well excommunicate SW for the Wulfen, DA for their secret war, GK for their use of psykers when the Emperor banned psykers. RG knows if he started swinging around that club he is going to have a fierce bite back. Imagine SW's and BA's unloading and mid-battle going Wulfen/Black Rage on his forces. It would be a blood bath for all, but SW/BA have nothing to lose RG has everything. Not to mention what does he say IF Russ and Sangy come back? "I killed your sons because of the Wulfen/Black Rage" "We know about the Wulfen/Black Rage, we accepted it and harnessed it." and then RG has to deal with 2 very strong primarchs.

I vote for Big Sang back, while being back he could see RB as being just power greedy and rebel, either UM or BA turns chaos <3 ... there we go HH round 2!!!

This one hurts me, a lot. SW's are assaulted by Russ's arch-nemesis Magnus, we thought in Wrath of Magnus we would see Russ. Magnus ends up wrecking havoc on the Fenris System, corrupting our only tiny recruiting population, The Fang is powerless and vulnerable, a dead Wolf Lord, and bringing Prospero 2.0 into the material realm. These were the most dire times for the SW's, what do we get? The only sign of Russ is appearing to Grimnar and being told to go to Cadia. SW's get hyped that Russ will join us at Cadia. What we get it is 2 complete companies killed, and 2 more Wolf Lords dead. Again we see no signs of Russ that's the last we know of for now. So we suffer 40-60% losses and have a even smaller non-corrupted recruiting population to choose from. Yet we have nothing (for now?) to show for it.

No though, it seems the best way to get your primarch is to sit on your hands and wait, not through courage, blood, and sacrifice. Just wait on your home world and wait for some xeno-psykers, and some xeno-technology-deus-ex-machina from Cawl and boom you get a primarch. Maybe Russ is standing on Fenris wondering why no one waited for him. Hopefully your sacrifices in Baal do not go unrewarded, but for the SW's it did go unrewarded.

I do not believe sangy will come back. I remain hopeful that our non-codex chapters remain alive and well and our fathers return, but the future looks bleak for the non-codex marines. If GW wishes to streamline what better way than to get rid of the unique marines and have a single marine model line, a single marine codex, a single marine path. RG having all bow to him, after all Matt Ward is back. Isn't that what they are doing with the Eldar? No more Dark Eldar, Eldar, or Harlequins only Ynead Eldar? Though maybe in the fading moment of the light we will see giants of men, 1 clad in grey armor with 2 wolves snarling at his side, another clad in gold armor with angelic wings upon his back reaching out to their sons.

Just a note on the above, the first triumvirate didn't include a Primarch. It included a saint, an admech guy, and an inquisitor. So we can't say, "no Primarch no triumvirate." The Sanguinor, Dante, and Mephiston could easily[/] fill those roles.

Also, the newer books the triumvirates were released with are not the same as the warzone books. Our version of the Fenris book was Angel's Blade. There is nothing saying the SW, BA, and DA won't all get new triumvirates, and you cannot use the SW campaign that was released earlier as a baseline for moving forward.

Just a note on the above, the first triumvirate didn't include a Primarch. It included a saint, an admech guy, and an inquisitor. So we can't say, "no Primarch no triumvirate." The Sanguinor, Dante, and Mephiston could easily[/] fill those roles.

Also, the newer books the triumvirates were released with are not the same as the warzone books. Our version of the Fenris book was Angel's Blade. There is nothing saying the SW, BA, and DA won't all get new triumvirates, and you cannot use the SW campaign that was released earlier as a baseline for moving forward.

Agreed on all points, but how likely is it that we are going to get 6+ triumvirate books? Cadia, Eldar, Roboute, SW, BA, DA, etc etc. SW's too could have a a triumvirate of Bjorn, Grimnar, another Wolf Lord. My focus was mainly on the primarchs return. Magnus came out and was not part of the triumvirate and came out during Warzone Fenris. They could possibly bring out more Warzone books and along with those would be Primarchs. I do not think, as of now, the release of primarchs can be tied to triumvirates nor Warzone books. Nor can it be tied to a home world or a dire emergency happening, otherwise Russ would have came back. If they are planning on giving SWs Russ in their most dire hour, not sure how much more they can do honestly. Kill the rest of the wolf lords, Grimnar, Bjorn, and most of the chapter? Maybe SW are an exclusion to the rule of Triumvirate/Warzone books to get Russ, but I am not thinking so this all seems too structured for that.

Edited by Caldersson

Lamenters may have never recieved the call - they are under inquisitorial supervision so it could have been intercepted or they may have been prevented from answering or maybe they turn up at the end of the book as a last reinforcement and get wiped out saving the last defenders of baal...

Possibly but how likely would that be if even a Renegade chapter received the call and managed to get to Baal to help? :P

A renegade chapter with no-one preventing them recieving astropathic communications. A renegade chapter with control of their own ships. A renegade chapter who are able to travel where they want.

Or the lamenters who quite literally have loaded bolters to their heads. Who may or may not have access to astropathic comms. Who may or may not have the ability to pilot their ships where they want.

I really doubt Renegade chapter aren't getting monitored but eh I really don't fight about which chapter has it worse or something like that lol.

It's simply more likely due recent Lamenter events that they are more or less wiped out compared to simply not being able to get the message.

I honestly can't think of anything more fitting for the character of the Blood Angels than abandoning Baal so that they could rush to the defense of Terra. If there's any consistent theme in the fluff about our chapter it's sacrifice.

I'm personally very interested in how many BA/successors make it out alive. Guilliman's forces were decimated in GSIII, I wouldn't be surprised to see great droves of marines wiped out.

It would also give GW a good "reason" (over than sales) to replenish our line with the marines 2.0 we have all been speculating on...

"Oh look the Blood Angels have been all by wiped out by the Nids, and then their valiant survivor's have sacrificed themselves to keep Chaos from the emperors throat. If they don't get a new generation of marines sharpish one of the Empires brightest lights is gone forever"

"No problem - Mars has been working on a whole batch of Super Marines thanks to the orders of Puppa Smurf".

And the Chapter is back to full strength with GW having advanced our storyline, made us sound awesome, and created a reason for us all to buy their new range of toys in less time than it take to say "Contrived".

I could totally see them doing that...and wouldn't even be mad as long as we also get super sang guard and super death company etc. and not just super tacticals. :D

Wouldnt SM2.0 be pure geneseed from RG as he is the only primarch around?

Unless they can take older geneseed and upgrade it to SM2.0 in which all the chapter could be wiped out. This in turn may be the "reset" to redo our chapters and get some of those pesky hated item out, though I really do like the flaws in the chapters. Maybe still have the black rage and wulfen but... (I dont know what BA dislike) maybe make SW alot less wolfy. Maybe go to hunter/vikings again. Tbis could be good?

Unless they can take older geneseed and upgrade it to SM2.0 in which all the chapter could be wiped out. This in turn may be the "reset" to redo our chapters and get some of those pesky hated item out, though I really do like the flaws in the chapters. Maybe still have the black rage and wulfen but... (I dont know what BA dislike) maybe make SW alot less wolfy. Maybe go to hunter/vikings again. Tbis could be good?

Technically, Mars has all the BA tithes (geneseeds) they can work with. So learning the mistakes from the cursed founding, they could possibly have a hybrid geneseed used for tubemarines.

Activating it, however, is the trick since it will require Sangy blood (which is now diluted in the blood of our Sang Priests).

Technically, Mars has all the BA tithes (geneseeds) they can work with. So learning the mistakes from the cursed founding, they could possibly have a hybrid geneseed used for tubemarines.

Activating it, however, is the trick since it will require Sangy blood (which is now diluted in the blood of our Sang Priests).

Sorry the tithes were what I was talking about when I said older geneseeds. You still have Sangy body, maybe cawl could use it to create SM2.0. I know SW have Russ's pure gene seed in a vault in the fang according to Arjac Rockfist.

Caldersson,

Who were your Wolf Lords that were slain?

Egil Ironwolf, Sven Bloodhowl, Orven Highfell which were wolf lords that had official formations. The 2 companies lost were Iron Wolves and Firehowlers, which had, obviousl,y official formations. So 2 of our formation are dead. Blackmanes, Deathwolves, Drakeslayers, and kingsguard are all that remains alive for company formation iirc. Edited by Caldersson

Okay so, we had that little side text thing from Atias blog... What does it mean?

Why are people heralding Sanguinius from it?

I think its because the Sangy Blood is already pretty thin and having a devastating blow to the BA, especially their priests, may cause a dwindle of their chapters.

Okay so, we had that little side text thing from Atias blog... What does it mean?

Why are people heralding Sanguinius from it?

I think its because the Sangy Blood is already pretty thin and having a devastating blow to the BA, especially their priests, may cause a dwindle of their chapters.
But every chapter has had its own priests with the same blood in them. So it will only hurt the BA, who once again, have literally recovered relatively quickly from having only 50 BA within the last thousand years.*

*like within 500 years they were at least back to full strength

Edited by Arkangilos