Somewhat cheesy rules question

Weaselfish

I'm planning on building an ordo malleus led Astra Militarum force, and I'm trying to think if a way to maximize the "better" chimera that the Inquisitor use. I plan on using a squad of 3 priests (to unlock one of their cheaper chimeras with psybolts), distributing 2 of them to other squads (since they are technically independent characters, unless I missed an FAQ update) and having a CCS join the third in the chimera. Rules wise, am I missing a specific rule that would disallow this?

Yes you could add a non IG priest and/or Ordo Malleus inquisitor to a company command squad inside a cheaper non IG Chimera.

Note that last year's FAQ does prohibit battle brothers from starting the game inside an allies' transports (thankfully since people were doing very unfluffy things). So you'd have to deploy the IG CCS behind the Chimera and on turn 1 they can climb inside the cheaper Inquisition Chimera. This would be no big deal--my IG squads have been borrowing each others Chimeras in this manner for over a decade.

Another point to note is that the Imperial Agents Chimera doesn't have the "Mobile Command Vehicle" rule. So if you put the Company Command Squad inside you won't be able to issue orders.

Edit: Spelling

Sidetrack about starting in allied transports:

Hidden Content

This just came up for me on Sunday. I was under the impression that only a unit ENTIRELY composed of Faction A could begin the game embarked on a Transport from Faction A.

However, my opponent said that if you have an Independent Character from Faction A in a unit from Faction B, the unit then counts as BOTH Faction A and Faction B for all rules purposes, including starting embarked on a Faction B transport.

Which is it?

Based on the recent FAQ ruling for Ynnari (And the preexisting precedent of Armies of the Imperium), I would say that (and obviously this is my own interpretation) a unit has to abide by the most stringent faction requirements for a given transport. In the case of Ynnari and transports, a unit with Faction A and Y, where Y is Ynnari or equivalent, can only begin on a transport that is also A/Y, with the exception that a unit that is only Y may also begin in an A/Y transport. You must

Given this, a unit with Faction A, joined by an Independent Character of Faction B, counts as Faction A/B. To begin in a Faction A transport, a Unit must be Faction A, and Faction B for Faction B transports. A unit with Faction A/B would not be able to begin embarked in either an A or a B Faction transport.

More simply, for a unit to begin in a Faction A transport, the unit must be composed of, and only of, Faction A. A Faction A/B unit is allowed on a Faction B transport by virtue of the Independent Character with Faction B, but it is simultaneously disallowed because it still has Faction A.

Hopefully this makes sense?

Archived