Looking for some books on Imperial fists

Delakar

So title says it all. I've been on a bit of a reading craze recently going though books left and right. I have yet to read anything about my boys in the 7th. I was just wondering what was out there, what was good, and what should I avoid. 

I can't offer much beyond heresy-era stuff, but:

The Last Remembrancer

The Crimson Fist

Praetorian of Dorn

In that order. Anything Fist related by French is pretty great, honestly.

Once you've finished those, if you want more Alexis Polux he features somewhat heavily in Unremembered Empire and Pharos. The Lightning Tower is about Dorn, and Garro: Burden of Duty is fairly Fist-centric.

While I haven't read it yet, there's also Ian Watson's Space Marine if you want some old-timey fun, though it was the first first 40k novel ever written, so be prepared for insanity.

The Imperial Fist Successors, and what it means to be a son of Dorn, are prominent in The Beast Arises series as well, though the fists themselves are somewhat absent.

Seventh Retribution

Sons of Dorn

And of course Forge World's Horus Heresy: Betrayal .

you forget the prominent FW HH book 3 Extermination - it's about Phall and all the Imperial Fists story, origin, famous battles etc.

Praetorian of Dorn was great...

Best bits Alpha Legion dying smile.png

Excellent bits.

Alpharius getting killed... Could listen to that all day smile.png

To be fair - yes he died - but at the same time up to 15k of IF were butchered during the last chapter. Several planetoid fortresses destroyed or need to be repaired from scrap.

At the same time Horus didn't even take that AL fleet into his strategy for Solar war.

So who suffers more?

Archived