Assault Marines and what to do with them

Herald of Magnus

So basically I have a shed load of the mk3 assault marines that I bought off a friend cheap. I'm not too sure what I want to do with them yet however. I know load out wise I want shields and maybe 3/4 power weapons per squad right? However my main issue is what legion can use them well? I only have an iron hand army so far, I was thinking of using them for smaller games as like a jump pack only army or something? Blood angels are the traditional for this yet I've never really looked into them not sure where to start?

Stick with the Death Guard (checking your avatar image) and use them with The Reaping for Scythe sergeant + Rad grenades?  At least when you tell someone you're playing your DG - they won't think you'll be jumping across the board :)

Ahaha that's a good idea! I have some apothecaries (can they get jump packs?) I could use in them. Only issues, due to their points and all that won't they suffer quite heavily trying to get across the board, I play in a 40k setting against ultramarines and Mechanicum type stuff. I like the idea of giving them shields, is it enough?

I was thinking they would make a fun black shield allied detachment with S and T 5.  Just have them charge across the table as back up for my main infiltrating squads.  However I am not sure if that is the best way to go about it or not.  Still very new to horus heresy(no games played yet)

I was thinking they would make a fun black shield allied detachment with S and T 5. Just have them charge across the table as back up for my main infiltrating squads. However I am not sure if that is the best way to go about it or not. Still very new to horus heresy(no games played yet)

Put an Apothecary in them for more headaches on your opponent side. ;)

Guest Drekkan

Does an apothicary and shields for everyone performs well against mass infantry, or does the cost plus power weapons make it too expensive ?

Does an apothicary and shields for everyone performs well against mass infantry, or does the cost plus power weapons make it too expensive ?

For what do you need shields versus mass infantry?

Archived