Adeptus Astra Telepathica themed army?

Hello all!

I have a few questions about the the old telepathica but I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post them.

I have a few friends that want to do a siege of terra campaign. I have always been interested in the Astra telepathica and thought I would do a small force based around them.

The Sisters of silence are a very achievable goal (and will make up part of the force) but it's really the other, more psyker, stuff I'm interested in. Stuff like the cyrptaestesians, the black sentinels and generally the other psykers.

Is there anywhere that has more info? Anybody an expert round these parts?

Cheers for any assistance

LoP

You've definitely come to the right place, brother. Unfortunately I don't know much of anything about this stuff but hopefully someone who does will chime in soon.

Sounds like a cool campaign. I love hearing about stuff like that. If you can, when the time comes, some batreps involving your sisters of silence and psykers would be most welcome!

Hey man, thanks for the reply.

Yeah, people have marines and custards covered and I would like to do something different. I have been doing a little wiki reading, seems to not be that much info out on the general webs.

I will try to post stuff when we get on it, whenever that is.........I'm a notorious hobby pocrastinator.

Off the top of my head I don't recall really any substantive details ever being provided for the Adepta Astra Telepathica, in fact what we do know is really VERY new. The few mentions in the Horus Heresy books, Master of Mankind being one, the ship featured in the Deathwing video game, and the options included in Codex: Imperial Agents.

Honestly my recommendation on force building would be to use primarily 40k rules based around the Tempestus Scions and the units/formation from the Imperial Agents book. Paint up the Tempestus Scions as the Black Sentinels, bodyguards and executioners keeping an eye on the Telepathica Psykers, built around a core of one or more Telepathica formations from the Agents book to give you multiple units of Wyrdvane Psykers, Primaris Psykers and Astropaths. You could easily get a dozen or more mastery levels generating powers from a wide variety of psychic disciplines and in 30k there aren't many armies that are putting nearly that many psykers or that level of mastery on the table and it could do some very interesting things.

Bringing along a formation or two of Sisters would also be interesting but if I recall correctly while they work with the Telepathica they are their own institution.

You confused me for a second there, Vash :D calling Sisters of a Silence "Sisters" which I associate with the Sisters of Battle :P

Anyway, I'm not sure if there is any hard fluff on the relationship between the Telepatica and the SoS, though weren't they separate things surfing the Crusade?

The Cadian supplement has a psykana division formation consisting of a few sanctioned psyker squads, some commissars and a primaris. The sanctioned pyskers harness on 2+ when in the squad with a commissar but one gets shot if they fail or perils, primaris gets more warpcharges.

It might be a fluffy and semi-competitive way to run the Telepathica.

I believe the Sisters of Silence are getting their own release along with the Custodes (two separate things), and the Telepathic division is in Codex: Imperial Agents as it's own force separate from Astra Militarum :)  I recall seeing Telepathica associated with the 40k Sisters of Silence but cannot recall where.

I believe the Sisters of Silence are getting their own release along with the Custodes (two separate things), and the Telepathic division is in Codex: Imperial Agents as it's own force separate from Astra Militarum smile.png I recall seeing Telepathica associated with the 40k Sisters of Silence but cannot recall where.

The psykana division is something different but might be a cool way to represent the executioners/bodyguard pieces of fluff while getting some good rules :)

I believe the Sisters of Silence are getting their own release along with the Custodes (two separate things), and the Telepathic division is in Codex: Imperial Agents as it's own force separate from Astra Militarum smile.png I recall seeing Telepathica associated with the 40k Sisters of Silence but cannot recall where.

In Rise of the Primarch there is a blurb where squads of Sisters of Silence show up to the battle on Luna aboard three Telepathica Valkyries painted Crimson and Black. However the book also seems to indicate that the SoS were officially disbanded after the Age of Apostasy but that a number of different chambers/branches/regiments of them continue to see service in various capacities though with greater secrecy than before.

Chaps! Thanks for all the responses. A great help. It's seems fairly open at the moment as a consept.

I'm also trying to theme a hornblower-esk ZM force.

I've been considering building some Imperial Navy Armsmen using the Genestealer Cult models as the base because of their void suits with head-swaps from maybe the Skitarii Vanguard heads for that bucket helmet look, Tempestus Scion helmets or maybe the barets would look good. And then a mix of autoguns and shotguns. Some of the weapon arms in the Acolyte kit (I think that's the standard infantry one) have obvious genestealer mutations but take two kits and use only the cleaner looking arms gives enough for one full squad of autoguns and one full squad of shotguns.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived