The Binary Succession

Will this be released as a normal novel? Not a big fan of audiobooks

With such a big push in recent years to combine all the multimedia stuff into anthologies, I'd say its almost inevitable. Though I've listened to the extract and us readers are definitely going to be missing out on a lot of what makes the story impressive. It's like Honour to the Dead, everyone loves the drama, but I thought the prose version in Legacies of Betrayal was pretty poor.

Just listen to it, I say. Get over the prejudices (a lot of which may even still be rooted in what the first few audio dramas from BL were, with a single actor (Toby Longworth) doing all the work) and just give it a try. The production quality is amazing and you'll be pulled in.

I used to be much the same way, didn't like the idea of audios at all. Then I tried some, and I've seen (heard?) them go from strength to strength. I know it'll never happen, but now I'd honestly love for the entire series to be done as audio dramas (with sound effects, different voice actors, etc).

Well I have to admit this really is a fantastic release, both the story and the audio production values are fantastic. I've run through this 3 times now and each has revealed something different i missed on the previous run through. David Annandale properly nailed this in terms of its story!

Did anyone else have flashback to the Political jousting that was quite the highlight of The Beast Arises series? This really reminded me of that, helped all the more by Gareth Armstrongs narration!

The next audio I am now looking forward to is July's "Dark Compliance" , the Horus story by French.

Hopefully on cd.

Why CD? What's the difference? Or it's simply cause of the Car trip? And by the way - the story should be good.

Just listen to it, I say. Get over the prejudices (a lot of which may even still be rooted in what the first few audio dramas from BL were, with a single actor (Toby Longworth) doing all the work) and just give it a try. The production quality is amazing and you'll be pulled in.

Indeed - first 5 minutes got me in.

I want a novel - preferably Urdesh/Warmaster to be narrated by Gareth Armstrongs, John Banks, Toby Longworth, Ellis and Timson msn-wink.gif Such a dreamer I am.

• 2 months later...

Archived