The Rimefel Crusade - Live Fire Exercise

Cognative

Turn one belongs to the Crimson Fists, as I was unable to seize.

The Raven and Talons shot upfield, then Knight moved forward, and the Razorbacks got into position to deny my deep strikers good targets.

The flyers unleash hell on my lines, destroying an Ironclad, Dreadnought, Cenobytes, and dealing a few wounds to a handful of other targets. The backfield Lascannons join the fire, wounding a few other Dreadnoughts. The Knight rolls poorly, but manage a few kills against the Crusader Squad.

On my turn, the Assault Marines deploy midfield, and everyone except the Autocannon Dreadnoughts move forward, the Crusaders, Chaplain Dreadnought, and Ironclad Advancing into cover. The Autocannons and Contemptor open up on the Raven and Talons, crippling both Talons and bringing the Raven down to half. The Assault Marines fail a charge against the Devestators, and succeed against the storm Raven. The Raven takes a few more wounds.

Turn 2

The Fists once again unleash Lascannon hell on my dreads, but luckily the talons and raven do not deal too much more damage. The remaining Ironclad is down to 2 wounds, Contemptor just over half, the Assault Squads utterly destroyed by heavy Bolters and assault cannons, and the Crusader Squad down to just a few models.

The Knight charges the Ironclad and destroys it.

At this point, I only have one goal. Kill the Knight to save a little face. And the Emperor decided my cause was Just.

I spread the Autocannon and Contemptor fire around, destroying the talons and the Raven. The Contemptor, remaining Crusaders, and Chaplain charge the Knight. The Contemptor deals a large pile of wounds bringing the Knight down to half. My opponent uses his last 2 command points to interrupt the Charge attacks and swings at the Chaplain Dreadnought. 3 hits, 6 damage each. I make 2 invulnerable saves and FNP 2 of the 6 remaining damage. My Chaplain swings and destroys the Knight in a flurry of Crozius blows.

The Fist respond by destroying just about everything with Lascannon fire, and I concede to my opponent.

The short of the story is - Don't bring footsloggers to a ranged fight!

My Emperor's Champion was the only model to make it into combat against the Necron. The command barge made three out of its four invulnerable saves, and the Champ did not survive the return melee.

The rest of my Army devastated his however, including the Gauss pylon you can see the base of in the back.

http://i.imgur.com/fMHE3Br.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was given the Primaris side of the Dark Imperium set by a friend, but had already decided against their use in my Crusade. My Templar see the tampering of the geneseed as an affront to the Emperor. So, I've decided to paint them up as Imperial Fists. Here is the test model for my Primaris Fists, still a WIP

jFkxBIL.jpg

Woof!  That's a very bright yellow.  It's the old school IF color scheme. :tu:

Looks like a successful test.  Though I will be a harsher critic when you move on from proof of concept to finished models, as is my way.  ;)

Woof! That's a very bright yellow. It's the old school IF color scheme. :tu:

Flash Git yellow. Being a bit color blind, I like the vibrant almost neon yellow color over the warmer/deeper yellow or gold you see a lot of Fists players go for. I'm going to leave them pretty clean, as though they could be about to do a parade march across the Imperial Palace grounds.

• 1 year later...

Templar Armoured Division of the Rimefel Crusade deployed en mass for Live Fire Training Exercise against Angry Marines with Knight Support.

This list is kind of funny, utilizing almost no infantry because I wanted to do a big armoured collum to throw my opponent off guard. 6 5 man Crusader Squads and some Devestators, lots of Marshals and Castellans for rerolls, and lots of armour - 2 LRCs, 2 LR, 1 LRR, 3 Preds, 3 Thunderfires, 2 Whirlwinds, 2 Talons, 1 Stormhawk, 10 Assorted Dreadnoughts

bkScjhI.jpg

Pics to come after the game tomorrow!

• 1 month later...

I like the customized Land Raider. It can do with more arms and armor, though. Grimaldus' pulpit should have plates to protect him from the front and rear, and a pintel-mounted weapon- maybe one with a prayer book chained to it, like on Marshal Mattias' example.

Wow, now that's a mighty warhorse right there.

I'm planning on adding 2 pintle mounted multimeltas, but don't have much more in the way of walls/armor. The sides are going to get blinged up some more as well

Archived