Isstvann (or however you spell it)

veterannoob

Anyone know anything about this in 40K? I know it's a system and only I3 got virus bombed in Heresy (maybe that world could come back?? probably not) and there are at least 5 other planets so I'm curious about it's place in the post-Heresy lore. Listening to Eisenhorn trilogy now and Gregor mentions an Isstvannian so that's what sparked this. Thanks!

The Istvaanian(sic) faction of the Inquisition are Inquisitors who think that catastrophe, disaster, schism, and conflict serve to make Humanity stronger.

They example they take their name from being the Istvaan V drop site massacre. (Nowadays spelled Isstvan. But I like the idea that in 40k the spelling has mutated.)

That is: prior to it the Primarchs and the Legions were all powerful behemoths - phenomenal power with only a vague sense of peer-review as a restraint on it.

Istvaan V is the catalyst that got the ball rolling, the spark that lit the fire and burned away the bloat to leave behind a svelte, high-achieving host of elite Chapters - entirely unusceptible to the vulnerabilities of the Primarchs and the Legions.

As it happens, I think I've mentally undergone the transition from Amalathian to Istvaanian, at least with what I think is a 'sensible' perspective in-universe!

Wouldn't be surprised if they turn the world of Istvan into other famous ones like they did with Ullanor.

Which was actually not the everyone's liking - to make

Armageddon

as Ullanor in the past.

oh cool, thanks! Deeper deeper down the rabbit hole for me...teehee.gif

So much stuff for you to cover msn-wink.gif

Archived