Homebrew Kill Teams for Narrative Campaign.

I posted this in the Homebrew rules section but thought I'd post it here as well.  Was thinking about filling some gaps in the Deathwatch field.  Mostly for a narrative campaign my group is running.  Looking for thoughts on these.

Ferrum Kill Team

1 Unit of Terminators

1-3 Dreadnoughts or Venerable Dreadnoughts

Restrictions:

The formations must include at least 3 Terminators.  All Terminators must be armed with a Cyclone Missile Launcher and/or a Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield.

Special Rules:

Ferrum Doctrine:  Re-Roll any failed to Wound and armour penetration rolls for all models from this Formation that are targeting a unit with the Lord of War battlefield role.

Tempestorum Kill Team

1 Watch Captain

1 Unit of Vanguard Veterans

1 Unit of Bikers

Restrictions:  The Formation must include 5 Vanguard Veterans and 5 Bikers.  The Watch Captain must be equipped with a Jump Pack.

Special Rules:

Kill Team:  All of the units from the this Formation form a single unit called a Kill Team.  This counts as a single unit for all game purposes; it must be deployed as a single unit.  The Watch Captain cannot leave the unit during the battle, even though he has the Independant Character special rule.

Tempestorum Doctrine:  Re-Roll any failed to Wound and armour penetration rolls for all models from this Formation on any turn in which the declare a successful charge.

Archived