Tyrant's legion (post Badab war)

The scouts aren't new, but everything else is.

shelf1.jpgcult1.jpgcult2.jpgguard1.jpgcors1.jpgcors2.jpg

Yeah, the test marine doesn't have the traditional black / red scheme of the Red Corsairs, mainly because I think it looks a bit rubbish. What I'm gonna do instead is sculpt / paint extra armour plating, paint the original armour the silver of the Astral Claws and paint the new stuff red.

I also used a lot of check patterns because the 80's were awesome.

Uh, that's it. The photos are a bit gnarly, but I think they get the general gist across.

Death to the false emperor etc.

Hose checks look great. How did you do them?

Using a really thin brush, I painted a pretty sloppy grid pattern over a base of (Dryad bark + Nuln oil) using Desert yellow. I then filled in alternative squares using Desert yellow > Kommando khaki > Ushabti bone, then painted back over the grid using a thicker feathering brush with a thin wash of XV-88 (better known as Snakebite brown to those of the old skool) to bring the colours together.

You don't have to be super neat and tidy about the fills either.

• 2 weeks later...

Not bad, but how come they've got Sons of Horus iconography?

Mainly because I'm using Sons of Horus bitz.

I figured that the Eye of Horus is pretty generic, as far as CSM go. I *am* sculpting Astral / Tiger Claw icons on the occasional shoulder pad, but the result wasn't 100% pleasing and the photo was pretty wonky...

icon.jpg

• 1 month later...

REINFORCEMENTS!

(I'm a slow painter)

assclaw1.jpg

assclaw2.jpg

assclaw3.jpg

So that's one squad of cultists / guardsmen done, one scout squad, and one combat squad of tacticals. Which is the furthest I have ever managed to get when doing an army, so that's good I guess.

And, just for fun / on the off-chance I ever get around to making that :cuss-tier codex I am always promising to write one day...

comic1.gif

comic2.gif