Sly Marbo is Back!

Sete

Cool.

Now if all the IG folks in my area would stop randomly screaming AAAAAAAAAGH during games that'd be greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

There used to be an Ork player who did that Waaagh! crap excessively and I was happy to see him go.

Kind of weird that they bring out rules for him barely a month before the rules become invalid ... but I'll go with it. They're free, and for 25 points he's pretty good!

Plus he's Sly Marbo!!

I wonder if this means he'll be back in 8th as well. Maybe I'll have to kit-bash that Praetorian themed Marbo after all!!!

He would have to be a guy with a pith helmet,big moustache and no jacket but with bracers and call him "Sneaky Remington" biggrin.png

Mithril

If they're doing this so close to the new edition then surely they have 8th Edition rules for him ready to upload when everything changes. Maybe there was a lot of demand for him in the feedback from the last set of FAQs, Q&A etc.

I was going to use his model as a random officer... now he gets to be himself again smile.png

Isn't this for that new kill team game?

It seems a bit odd to release it for a dead game like 40k (with the WH40K AoS game coming out soon... with different stats etc).

It seems a bit odd to release it for a dead game like 40k (with the WH40K AoS game coming out soon... with different stats etc).

No this is specifically for 7th they put it on the warhammer community site 'tuther day

Great thing about this is I actually have a copy of the old model still in packaging that I have been meaning to paint up to match my army.

And I was going to just use him as a proxy for an Eversor or something.

This is great.

Always loved Marbo.

No this is specifically for 7th they put it on the warhammer community site 'tuther day

Wow :o ... I don't get this... why wait until the end to do this? It makes no sense unless they are expecting a lot of diehards to stick with 7th ed instead of embracing the new WH40k AoS game...

I am very surprised by this.

What's the cheapest way to get him in an allied detachment?

The most flavorful would definitely be Straken (HQ), Vet Squad in camo gear with Sniper Rifles/Heavy Flamer and Sergeant Harker (Troops), then Marbo (Elite).

What's the cheapest way to get him in an allied detachment?

The most flavorful would definitely be Straken (HQ), Vet Squad in camo gear with Sniper Rifles/Heavy Flamer and Sergeant Harker (Troops), then Marbo (Elite).

When looking at that page, it doesnt say he is taken in any specific army does it? Meaning he is his own faction right? biggrin.png So you can just simply "take him" correct?

Also its a shame he cant charge on turns he arrives 1 inch away from people, it would be much more interesting in my view and builds that cinematic view of him just suddenly showing up behind somebody and stabbing them then going back into the jungle lol. But damn, they took their sweet time to bring him back from the grave.

They are scuttling the last edition. The weird, the crazy, and the OP is the order of the day. They did it during the End Times too.

Things like Marbo, Castellans, and the triumvirate are symptoms of it. I bet the Ynnari, Celestine, Cawl, and Guilliman will all be toned a bit in the new edition.

Source?

WH40k facebook page. Repeated phrases of "models we sell right now will get rules", and "no 8th ed rules for marbo in the works" kinda tell a grim story.

Wow ohmy.png ... I don't get this... why wait until the end to do this? It makes no sense unless they are expecting a lot of diehards to stick with 7th ed instead of embracing the new WH40k AoS game...

I am very surprised by this.

In my estimation, this is being done only because his rules were just released for the kill team game and he was then ported over to 7th as a "why not, lets have some fun" novelty, not because they expect people to stick with 7th.

When looking at that page, it doesnt say he is taken in any specific army does it? Meaning he is his own faction right? biggrin.png So you can just simply "take him" correct?

The datasheet clearly shows the Astra Militarum faction icon.huh.png

Archived