Garden of Nurgle, garden of rust [reaper... Lance?]

Love them both, especially the leviathan. There’s nothing like dropping a small fortune on a mini just to cut it up and somehow make it look better than the original sculpt and fulfill your vision.

Love them both, especially the leviathan. There’s nothing like dropping a small fortune on a mini just to cut it up and somehow make it look better than the original sculpt and fulfill your vision.

Yeah, I might have never attacked such a project, but a good friend with his own Leviathan convinced me to get one. His is hh death guard, so it inspired me to make mine something of dark mirror to his. Something I do with a lot of my death guard actually.

I haven't seen many heavily altered Leviathans, so I knew I wanted to go all out and make it my own, but that being said, being one of the most expensive models in my collection, it's a slow project. I'm taking my time getting it just right.. by the end it should look right at home in the 40k death guard range.

For fun I was going to put grave Warden grenade launchers in the place of the hellflamers. I'll just count them as hellflamers, maybe see if my friends will let me play them as blight launchers in causal games. But I figured using DG unique weapons would help tie it to the rest of my force a little more as well

Great to see some updates! I was worried the Leviathan had been left on the shelf, like so many of my great ideas..... great to see it progressing and I'll keep a close eye on it, as I acquired a cheap Leviathan and I'm debating what to do with it!

Really love the Moritat! Stunning work there! Might have to rip that idea off to use up my spare DI kits floating around! I love 40king 30k stuff for my DG! I quite fancy some destroyer-esque raptors! Keep up the good work.

• 4 weeks later...

So my gaming group has agreed to let me use the new imperial Knight rules with my chaos force. So I started building the Knight I've had laying sound forever... And bought a second one. So expect lots of nurgle knights for awhile.

Legs (sans armour) for the first Knight are done. Hoping to bang out the build for both by the end of next week

IMG_20180602_230703.jpg

Update time. Still lacking a few details and a lot of damage. But the upper body (again armor will be done seperately) is mostly done. Working title is meltaface.

IMG_20180603_185437.jpg

Some detail shots:

IMG_20180603_191921.jpg

IMG_20180603_191931.jpg

https://s33.postimg.cc/hlet54g8v/IMG_20180603_191926.jpg

Armor fit test, just so you can see the head won't be so derpy at the end:

IMG_20180603_185905.jpg

And some details of the back legs, as I never showed that.

IMG_20180603_191944.jpg

Messy as heck 'cause I did it on the fly out of random parts, but I've taken a crack at making an interior. Next time will go much better, as I've learned a lot from this. Overall I'm pretty happy with this though. Any mess can be explained and painted away nurgle style

pixlr_20180604191548693.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
The details you’ve added to this guy are great. Looking forward to seeing it complete and with company. I’ve just built the Valiant yesterday and have to say it’s an awesome kit. :tu: Looking forward to seeing what you do with it

The details you’ve added to this guy are great. Looking forward to seeing it complete and with company. I’ve just built the Valiant yesterday and have to say it’s an awesome kit. :tu: Looking forward to seeing what you do with it

Thank you! I've had the one Knight for quite some time. Bought maybe 3 months or so before the Warden dropped. I was salty so I just let it sit, as well as a little intimidated by it at the time. Now that I've actually started building it I'm kinda laughing at myself. Knights are so fun to build! And I find it's the little details that make or break a chaos conversion/kitbash. I knew I needed chains, there's just so many tow hooks to take advantage of.

Super pumped about getting a valiant, out of my little gaming group of five, three of us are getting it. One friend has started on his already, I'll be the second to get it. I have some ideas already. Two of us are going full on superheavy detachment. As it was hilariously put by another, we're all going to be harpooning eachother.

And for once your all get to see me paint something! I'm going to use the Knights to teach myself how to airbrush. Station is all set up. Once the chassis of each are done, I'll be diving right in. Especially because I'm still sorting out what to do with the armour plates.

EDIT: I can't believe I just did this. But I don't argue with my brain when it comes to these kind of things anymore. I decided a Lance was more interesting than a giant chainsword.

IMG_20180614_060113.jpg

Love the cockpit! Excellent work there! The other chaotic tweaks are also rather lovely -- maybe he'd work even better without a face mask, but with a third eye lens grafted on?

The addition of a Nurgly lance is a cool idea! I do think you should add some kind of shield/crossguard at the base of the lance, however, to make it perfectly clear that this is a lance and not some kind of repurposed gun barrel.

that lance looks epic... i would turn it so its aiming in the direction hes looking though

Thank you, and don't worry, arms are not fixed at all, so post can still be altered. It's only pointing like that so it can be easily seen.

Love the cockpit! Excellent work there! The other chaotic tweaks are also rather lovely -- maybe he'd work even better without a face mask, but with a third eye lens grafted on?

The addition of a Nurgly lance is a cool idea! I do think you should add some kind of shield/crossguard at the base of the lance, however, to make it perfectly clear that this is a lance and not some kind of repurposed gun barrel.

Good idea on the cross guard, and in general the Lance still needs some work. Always enjoy getting your suggestions. I'm going to stick to using a faceplate here though. The melta on the face looks pretty awkawrd without it. Maybe I can do the best of both worlds, and have the faceplate dammaged with an extra eye poking through it?

Good idea on the cross guard, and in general the Lance still needs some work. Always enjoy getting your suggestions. I'm going to stick to using a faceplate here though. The melta on the face looks pretty awkawrd without it. Maybe I can do the best of both worlds, and have the faceplate dammaged with an extra eye poking through it?

I see what you mean -- you could only use the lower part of the face mask as well, which would allow for a horn on the forehead or something like that -- just sayin'... :wink:

@ElDuderino happy to help give you ideas, part of why I love this hobby is open idea sharing. Hope it turns out well for you. I honestly spent a good 20 minutes looking at pictures of real Lances last night, they're much simpler weapons than I remembered them being, but gave me some great ideas to help out with the final touches for the conversion

@kraut you make far too compelling arguments. I'll have to make that cut so carefully just in case I don't like it though. Wish me luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, I was worried it wouldn't work out, so I'm glad the face is enjoyed.meeting I think I have the Lance pretty much sorted out, and I went and added a small detail to the torso. Won't be very visible once the armour is on but it's subtle and creepy, so it's a win in my books.

IMG_20180629_052343.jpg

pixlr_20180629093403519.jpg

That makes me think of the stomach guy from Total Recall with his little arms in that dudes abdomen.

"Quaid...start the reactor.."

I think it's pretty cool and I honestly think you should put it a little lower to show it off more.

Archived