What's in store for Sammael's Speeder

SnakeChisler

So just before our latest codex hit the beaches I got all excited about Sammeal and the speeder of doom got the parts together and made one.

Since then its sat on my painting bench much unloved looking dusty and extremely black.

I was desperate for it to be good now I know there are a few of you that champion this model but basically straight after our codex hit the streets Tau got a shoots in rear armour ignores cover formation which bust our group wide open, 1 week we had tanks Dreads etc.. 2 weeks on and nobody fetched any of it anymore.

Anyways what now for this model is it still a character and will they allow it to be targeted if its not the closest model?

Leaders are supposed to give area affects will that be the same for his speeder?

How many wounds ?

And now the real biggie

Should I now paint it?

Obviously for the majority of your questions, nobody knows. I suspect we will know for sure within a few weeks (I'd be very surprised if 8th Edition isn't June's big release)

I don't think Sammael being a character will prevent Sableclaw from being fired at to be honest because it's still a vehicle (big target). I think the best you can hope for would be that his speeder can't be individually targeted if it's in a squadron of other speeders, or if it's not the closest vehicle, something like that.

I think it's going to be boss. How they make the Speeder different to the Jetbike is going to be the challenge. I mean if the speeders gonna have more wounds why take the jetbike? I think we will see the jetbike drop in points.

I have a kitbash in mind for Sammael on his speeder, just waiting to see what 8th has in store.

I'm in EXACTLY the same position; spent ages doing a kitbash (which I'm pretty proud of...) but hasn't put more than a primer on it. Might get on this one now, with the new TL rules, and hopes for the stat line...

With the changes to twin linked, as long as he doesn't have 2 freakin hp (what made him almost useless in 6th/7th) he's gonna be amazing.

He's amazing this edition. I troll the crap out of people with him.

Also, why t8? He should have the same as a land raider. But fewer wounds.

SnakeChisler:

I can't speak to any of the new rules, but I would recommend you paint it. I magnetized my Sableclaw so it could be outfitted as a normal land speeder. Were you to do the same, you would have the ultimate flexibility once 8th hits. In my experience, one can never have enough land speeders.

Thanks.

FC

How they make the Speeder different to the Jetbike is going to be the challenge. I mean if the speeders gonna have more wounds why take the jetbike?

While it is possible that they could give the speeder and the jetbike the same stat line, with different weapon options, I don't think that will be what we see when the rules come out.

I expect that the Jetbike and Speeder will have different special rules for how they act on the table and how they affect units around them.

The Jetbike will likely have more attacks and a better to hit chance in CC, and the Speeder will likely have higher toughness and more wounds.

Archived