New Primaris marines causing rebellion?

Just tossing out the thought... Do you think that the new Primaris marines could cause discord or even outright rebellion in certain SM chapters? For example, the Angels Sanguine. They are a very secretive chapter that never remove their helmets in the presence of others. I won't go into the why they do this, but should a chapter such as this have a (possibly forced?) reinforcement  of outsiders swelling their ranks risking exposing their dark secret, do you think chapters such at this could possibly rebel or even go totally renegade or even over to chaos?

I think that some pushback will happen, many traditionalists in the Imperium will have problems with Guilliman's Xenos armour, pushing of new weapons, armour and unholy changes to the emperor's blessed angels of death.

And that is before you even get to the high lords, these guys have spent hundreds of years amassing and maintaining their power. Now a Primarch comes back, immediately takes over and starts bringing in new stuff that the high lords have no control over. I can't see all those guys sitting back quietly.

I would have thought that the majority of Chapters would have objected if not outright rebelled at the idea. The Mechanicum are notoriously suspicious of any innovation in general, with any 'new' technology almost always being the result of an STC discovery and I would have thought that they would have objected en'mass. There's also all of the religious implications of the Emperors works being bettered and the uproar I suspect that would cause.

Ah, but you're forgetting one thing: GW have shiny new models to push.

You might get token resistance from some Chapters (probably mid-level successors like Doom Eagles or something, you know, a recognisable name, but not one with too much of profile), but it'll only be in the form of not using Primaris, rather than open conflict.

I'll be astonished and impressed if they actually take it further than that with major players like First Founding chapters rejecting the Primaris and a civil war as the High Lords attempt to stop G-man usurping their position at the head of the Imperium.

Archived