What if - We dont see more loyalist Primarchs?

SickSix

Russ gave his eye to find the Khan or corax

If you want to go with the Odin theme, it should be Corax.

Because raven...

Bonus points if Russ' memory isn't as good afterward and Corax has to remind him of things.

After reading the Index Astartes article in White Dwarf I'm convinced that at some point we will see the creation of entirely new Primarchs.

That would be going too far entirely, I think. Primarchs should be far beyond the skill of anyone who isn't the Emperor to create.

Plus, who cares about some demigod that Cawl just cooked up?

@bluntblade. 

I just don't think it's outside the realms of possibility anymore. I mean now they've gone down the root of meddling with the gene seed and creating new Space Marines it's not that much of a leap to imagine that they won't take it a step further and do new Primarchs.

Just to clarify this is not what I think they should do, just what I think we will likely see happen.

Edited by Master Commander Ajax

It's mentioned on the new Codex that one of the primaris organs is half of the organ that helped make primarchs, but the records and samples of the other half were destroyed. So Cawl can't use primaris stock to make new primaris, he doesn't have the information.

Well if we see more 40k Primarchs, GW is going to have to do something to justify them having models different from their 30k incarnations.

I mean why would 40k Lion look any different than 30k Lion?

Would FW concede to letting GW make plastic kits for a couple of the Primarchs that would be 'official' models in both games?

But, it's not up to Forgeworld in ANY way, they are owned outright by GW and if GW decide they want something in plastic not resin and on general release then nobody at Forgeworld really gets a say.

Rik

@bluntblade.

I just don't think it's outside the realms of possibility anymore. I mean now they've gone down the root of meddling with the gene seed and creating new Space Marines it's not that much of a leap to imagine that they won't take it a step further and do new Primarchs.

Just to clarify this is not what I think they should do, just what I think we will likely see happen.

Lol Mechanicum Primarch!

In a more serious note, there is that rumor of the Mechanicum having Ferrus Manus' head/body under Mars.

This guy Cawl is so crazy and influential it is 100 percent plausible for him to create a cyborg/clone of Ferrus.

I'd personally prefer Ferrus as a warp construct of the Emperor's will.

Russ gave his eye to find the Khan or corax

If you want to go with the Odin theme, it should be Corax.

Because raven...

Bonus points if Russ' memory isn't as good afterward and Corax has to remind him of things.

The ravens huginn and muninn was odins messengers and spies. His six legged horse mount was sleipner.

His companions were two wolves Freki and Geri and accompanied him everywhere. The same wolf names as Russ"s.

No single animal represented Odin. He did have a symbol "Odins Horn" which is also used by Russ's elite and companions.

So I dont think Corax fits the description simply because he is a raven. Though it would be awesome to see a triumphant of Corax (the ravens) Russ (the wolf) and Khan ( the horse/sleipner).

Dude. It was a joke. Huginn and Muninn were "thought" and "memory".

I'm familiar with Norse mythology. Just thought it would be amusing.

Eh, I have read theories ranging from Magnus to Robot Guilliman being Odin. Magnus simply because of the eye (nevermind the whole egyptian Eye of Horus and several other egyptian lore). Robot because he "brought wisdom after meditating (aka in stasis) to the imperium like how Odin did under Yggsrasil". Sorry if it seemed I took offense but many people have a vague idea of ancient Lore (though I am no expert).

I hope Corax returns with a better understanding of himself and puts tje fear into the Night Lords and out plays the Alpha Legion.

I just hope he isn't the weakest of the Primarchs we get back. In 30k mathhammer he only reliably beats Lorgar, Dorn, and Alpharius. And can stalemate with Curze.

Need to do a better rules representation of his wraith-slip.

I'm expecting to see all the Peimarchs they can think of an excuse to bring back. On the Loyalist side, Corax and Khan will be among the last to show up.

Daemon Primarchs? The last to appear will likely be Lorgar. They're going to do all 4 god aligned Daemon Primarchs first. We know Magnus and Mortarion are first, my money is on Fulgrim next. Then Angron.

Guilliman hasn't advanced beyond the Rift where it's basically Old Night 2.0. That would be a fantastic place for a loyalist Primarch or 3 to start fighting back. It would be pretty awesome to have some of the harder loyalist Primarchs start fighting back outside the Emp's light. Kahn or Russ or both would be sweet!

I always thought that Corax left through the shame of failing to build more Astartes with the gene knowledge The Emperor gave him.

Now that Cawl has stomped all over that by being clever Corax should come back and say "oh! That's how you do it, thanks!"

His motivation for leaving has been refined a bit in the Heresy series. It's not just his failure to make new Raven Guard that caused him to say "Nevermore", but a realisation of what went into making the Primarchs. He's not exactly enamored by the Primarchs by the time he buggers off, so he could return to have a word with Rob.

Guilliman hasn't advanced beyond the Rift where it's basically Old Night 2.0. That would be a fantastic place for a loyalist Primarch or 3 to start fighting back. It would be pretty awesome to have some of the harder loyalist Primarchs start fighting back outside the Emp's light. Kahn or Russ or both would be sweet!

I think the Lion and Russ would make a good tag team. Just like old times. 

A giant in black armour comes skipping out of the command bunker, its dress flowing out behind in the breeze. He stops in front of a MIGHTY WARRIOR sharpening his Axe on his MANLY BEARD dripping with Mjod. 

'Brother, it is good to stand beside you in battle once again to turn back the tide of evil in the name of our father!'

The bearded warrior looks up at his companion and smiles, picking at half a cow stuck between his teeth with a toothpick made from the shattered pelvis bone of a Bloodthirster that didn't get out of his way fast enough. He inspects the morsel of meat for a second, then flicks the toothpick into the distance, followed by the scream of some poor Cultist who finds part of a Daemons lower anatomy embedded in his face. 

He stands up, his muscles rippling with pure ale and meat fueled power, his MIGHTY BEARD catches the sun, making him look all godlike and AWESOME and really good at SLAYING more heretics than the smaller warrior  could ever imagine. 

'By the Allfathers balls your still a pompous ass Johnson!'

LOL Slave!

I'm really digging the new fluff. But I'm really interested in what's happening on the other side of the Rift. I think it's a great opportunity to introduce more loyalist primarchs. It would be a great counter-point to Guilliman's efforts on the "light side". Let's say Dorn comes back and starts gathering shattered chapters and other lost Imperial units and fights for every inch they can. No shiney new marines and equipment but just old-school grimdark.

Could be pretty epic!

Edit: Also, following my example, say a rumor starts that Dorn is back and fighting beyond the Rift. The IF and their successors would smash themselves to pieces trying to force their way to the other side! Keep things moving and less static :)

Edited by deus lo volt

I am pretty sure that the Lion will end up on the other side because the Rock has the capability to reliably warp travel without the need of the astronomicon,and because the Dark Angels are basically a small legion the Lion could immediately start his own crusade.

Having 2 imperiums would be pretty great. On one side the Dark Angels,Blood Angels, Iron Hands and Alpha Legion  who although separated from Terra try to maintain an Imperium more fateful to the original idea although struggling a lot .And on the other side RG and Dorn can rule an imperium which although it is in good shape has made almost no changes. 

Khan,Vulkan and Corax could act as wild cards.

Russ and the SW would be going around trying to get everyone together so they can win.

Edited by Demigod