Mortifactors - Fluff Question

nimrod451

Quick question about the Fluff if anyone knows..

.. the  warhammerwikki and lexicanum both list Posul as destroyed, and one lists their Chapter master as dead..  No where does it say the chapter has been wiped out however, and it even mentions they assisted the Ultramarines against the Tyranids in an engagement after Armageddon.

Does anyone have any information on the chapter beyond this? Are they a Fleet Born Chapter now? They seem like they would be eager for reinforcement.. 

.. I'm probably going to make up my own fluff about them being fleet based anyways, but was curious if anyone had any information..

Minds of the internet combine! 

thanks gents!

Actually, this is a Chapter I invested a lot of research to for an old DIY of mine.

Admittedly, my knowledge is about 5 years old now.  Having said that, short of researching what others have done here or in the Liber forum you are better off making it up yourself.

*Lightbulb*

YOU could become the master of knowledge for these guys!  You know, build the fluff and "own" the Chapter for others to follow and build upon :tu:

Doo eeet.

Thank you for the Move! I wasn't sure!

Race! - thats actually kinda what I was thinking...

... i think the a few of their battle barges are probably still out there...  and the death marines got a much needed boost. heh.

Heh, a lack of information means there is plenty of room to make them very real. 

You could also make a pre-doomed Posul description, so to speak ^_^

I like the Idea of them being depleted and always liked Fleet based Chapters, they'll be carrying the soul of Posul with them so to speak. Perhaps the Basillia Mortis actually survived even.. and just the world is gone.. and its floating around in empty space.. or remnants of it have been salvaged for the crusading ships..  

Very neat, thanks for the input and thoughts. 

The Tyranid engagement could be the one in the 'Warriors of Ultramar' book. It's an Uriel Ventris book but it has some information on them.

They are far removed from the Ultramarines, drinking the blood of their enemies and stuff like that. I think the Ultramarines decided to cut all ties to them after that (not 100% sure).

I remember the Uriel Ventris novel with them and how disturbed he was at their Funerary Rites, all the skulls and bones and oddness.

- they dont really believe the Ultramarines way anymore and took a lot of their culture from the cult of Posul..which changed them.

Thanks! The information is great everyone thank you!

(edit: I like the idea of the Basillica Mortis being converted into a Phalanx like Mobile  fortress-monastery ...)

Archived