Dreadnoughts and Drop Pods

Can dreadnoughts no longer take drop pods now?

Foot slogging combat dreads has always been a pain, and now it seems like you have no option.

Personally, I have always wanted to just be able to deepsrike dreads, I have always had this picture of a dread just jumping out of a thunderhawk

Can dreadnoughts no longer take drop pods now?

Correct. At least not GW pods. AFAIK the 8th edition rules for the FW Lucius pod have not been leaked yet.

Foot slogging combat dreads has always been a pain, and now it seems like you have no option.

I hear you.

Personally, I have always wanted to just be able to deepsrike dreads, I have always had this picture of a dread just jumping out of a thunderhawk

Unless I missed something we even lost the dreadnoughts jumping out of stormraven (Skies of Fureh)

Dreadnoughts can still deploy from a Stormraven. They're listed as a transport option there and unless I've missed something there's nothing restricting them from deploying normally during your turn.

I know, but they removed the option of disembarking when the flyer isn't in hover mode.

Dreadnoughts can still deploy from a Stormraven. They're listed as a transport option there and unless I've missed something there's nothing restricting them from deploying normally during your turn.

I know, but they removed the option of disembarking when the flyer isn't in hover mode.

Unless I'm missing something, there's no requirement for it to hover to disembark. So you can zoom up 20-65" turn 1, then disembark, shoot/charge the dread, and zoom the Stormraven off another 20-65" turn 2.

Deployment: Deploy as far away from the enemy as possible and as far away from the rest of your army. They probably won't have enough ultra-long range firepower to down the Stormraven. There is Deepstrike but the units have to bring a lot of firepower or need to fly to Assault it. Also, now those deepstrikers are not near your other units.

Round 1: Zoom to basically anywhere on the board. Unload your weaponry. Even if they manage to take down the Stormraven, only a 16% chance to kill the dreadnought or a 3% with a CP reroll.

Round 2: Dreadnought disembarks. If you moved your Stormraven correctly, this should be an easy charge. The Stormraven can then move and shoot again.

Archived