The 144th Cadian "Emperor´s Retribution". WIP (first army)

lash144

My regiment is the 32nd firedrakes. They love burning things! So lots of red for flames (also red goes faster.....)

In reality. I decided my scheme by painting 6-7 guardsmen in different ways and picked my favourite. This one was my favourite. So now (as of today) I have finished painting 2000 points of my 5500 points of guard in the firedrakes scheme (with some 66th waterwierd scions attached).

The red and bone looks different to most other guard forces i have met, it isn't too tricky to paint. So it is a win-win!

I have a game on friday where i will be taking pics of the 32nd firedrakes/ 66th waterwierds in action.

Personally I like the way he is giving the middle finger to those mars posers. My original scheme for my Chadian plastics was a red uniform with dark metal armor when I advanced I’d say, “Cobra!” Years later a new army comes out and makes me look like the copy cat. How fair is that? XD

Seriously need to fix my Cadians something bad.

Edited by Guardsman Bob

Personally I like the way he is giving the middle finger to those mars posers. My original scheme for my Chadian plastics was a red uniform with dark metal armor when I advanced I’d say, “Cobra!” Years later a new army comes out and makes me look like the copy cat. How fair is that? XD

Whats wrong with the Mars color scheme? ^^ I like it :)

Whats wrong with the Mars color scheme? ^^ I like it :)

It’s awesome. I was using it around 4th Edition after looking at the inquisition codex and seeing some of the ideas they had inquisitorial storm troopers. Right now it feels like I’m doing a weak initiation Mars stuff.

That’s why I like Halfpints efforts. He’s doing something so close and yet making it his own.

What you already have looks great Lash. If you’re pushing for something more look up model railroad brushing effects. It’s easier than regular dry brushing and the results are disgustingly superb.

I picked up some dirt and rusting effects off eBay and was able spruce up a modular ship deck/board for a Gencon event in less than an hour.

What you already have looks great Lash. If you’re pushing for something more look up model railroad brushing effects. It’s easier than regular dry brushing and the results are disgustingly superb.

I picked up some dirt and rusting effects off eBay and was able spruce up a modular ship deck/board for a Gencon event in less than an hour.

Thanks for the tip, found a nice guide!

So atm I am painting some different things including two Scout Sentinels, for which I need some advice.

Are you painting the cockpit at all? If yes, how (i.e. which colours)? Maybe you could be so kind and upload a picture?

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished some more models. I got lucky last week and got an absolute bargain on ebay, including a 10 men Kasrkin squad, for which I completed the first 4 miniatures.

I also finished my second in command.

Kasrkin

Second in Command

C&C is always welcome, cheers !