Primaris Kit rumors?

Grimtooth

Do we have any rumors out on how the Primaris kits will be released in terms of components/units? I anticipate the following;

Combined Primaris/Hellblasters. Magnetize those weapons!!

Inceptors: stand alone box

Reivers: stand along box

Aggressors: stand alone box.

Repulsor: Standalone unless they release another New Primaris tank, like a heavy tank no transport version of Repulsor.

Overlord: stand alone unless there is two versions of it released.

Edited by Brother Ramses

Posted · Hidden by Race Bannon, June 17, 2017 - Moved to AA from Amicus, unknown who did it
Hidden by Race Bannon, June 17, 2017 - Moved to AA from Amicus, unknown who did it

=][=  Topic moved to Amicus until we see actual rumours, since this is more of a wishlist.  =][=

I would say your list is pretty solid, but add in the dreadnought. We also know the 'heavy' troops are called Aggressors and are not exclusively long-range because of their flame gauntlets. We also know the flyer is called an Overlord, and according to the description if this kit comes from GW it might be the biggest plastic kit yet. It holds 40 Primaris Marines. To compare, the Repulsor only holds 6 (so it is more like a Razorback than a Land Raider as people have been saying).

I wouldn't be surprised if there's more than one tank on that chassis. The Rievers sound like they could be a lighter class than Tacticus armor, but it's not entirely clear. Just more stealthy. They sound more like marine assassins than scouts, though. But given their stealth attributes they could also have a sniper build, perhaps? 

With the Inceptors being super-mobile devastators, and the Aggressors being maybe some kind of really heavy assault, it would seem the Primaris marines are all about messing with our preconceived ideas of what archetypes marines use. I would expect that trend to continue, honestly. 

Do we have any rumors out on how the Primaris kits will be released in terms of components/units? I anticipate the following;

Combined Primaris/Hellblasters. Magnetize those weapons!!

One thing I don't like about the Hellblasters is their wide legs. Jes Goodwin said he designed them like this on purpose to show that the Hellblasters spend most of their time in a firing stance and bracing to fire their weapons, which makes sense as they are a weapons support squad and not a more tactical and flexible squad like Tactical Squads and Interceptors.

If they do turn out bundled with Intercessor will we get 10 legs? Will we just get Hellblaster legs? I hope if they are a single kit, we get Intercessor legs and ditch the wide leg stance. More likely, I think Intercessor will be its own box and we will see more bits or weapon options (maybe the rules of which will be in the codex) and Hellblaster may get more weapon options or be a dual kit with some other Primaris type that has a similar role.

The "Gravis Heavy" unit is called Aggressors I think. The ones with shoulder missiles and arm flamers.

I don't think Primaris will have an assault unit beyond the Reivers. GW was pretty clear that Primaris would need to rely on outside assault elements to support them.

I didn't take into account that Hellblasters had different legs. That changes my original thoughts and they will probably get a dedicated kit, hopefully with bits to take framers and melts guns if they those options are offered once the codex drops for them.

As for the Reivers, i expect them to not be carapace armor like scouts and not even be along the lines of a scout role like recon, but indeed more of a power armored assasin squad. If they have rules that let them infiltrate and assault from stealth or some sort, might be a solid character hit team or some sort.

Do you guys think the primaris rules will change when the codex comes out? It's weird that they're supposed be tougher, stronger and faster than your average bear, but the only difference in stats is 2W and 2A. Maybe a T bonus or Armor bonus from MKX supposedly being better?

I think the flamer fists will look like the boltstorm gauntlet but with a flamer instead of bolt pistol, and the gravis will look the same minus the iron halo and cape.

Maybe a 5+ invuln for mkX?

New special abilities, wargear, and point adjustments are very likely. But something as major as changing their stats completely I don't think will happen. I know GW said they would keep units updated and balanced, but I feel like all the major stat changes already happened, such as Terminators getting +1W.