Primaris Councils: an idea of mine and I need advice!

I have a plan to make what I am calling a "Primaris Council" - a unit of 18 Primaris Marines in the original Legion colors. The background idea is that someone (perhaps Cawl, as it seems he was eager to do use Traitor geneseed) created groups of Astartes as "advisory councils" for non-Astartes armies during the Indomitus Crusade. The process to make these Marines is slightly different - they are connected more deeply to the psyches of their Primarchs so they can benefit from the various tactical expertise of the Legions.

(Yes, I know - I can see *no possible way* this could *possibly* go wrong . . . smile.png )

Anyway - that is the background. Basically, I just wanted an excuse to make some Primaris Marines in different colors and some small conversions. I have shoulder pads for each of the founding Legions (and some cool eagle pads for the right shoulder).

But I need your advice! The idea I imagined was that the Marines would start out a tableau rasa (wearing entirely standard, Codex armor in original Legion colors) but over the decades would gradually become more and more like the Legion (drawing on the gestalt psychic imprint of the Primarch, the geneseed and the current Chapters). So, I wanted to make some small conversions - basically, just one or two changed components for each one to give the impression of shifting in that direction. I don't want to go (for example) "full Blood Angel" with a deathmask helmet and a muscle cuirasse and​ winged blood dagger etc. etc. but one of those would be cool.

Here is what I have come up with so far; suggestions welcome!

Dark Angels: Cowled head and robe. Armor shifting to green from black.

Space Wolves: Head, axe, wolf heads on backpack, talismans.
Ultramarines: No change / banded loincloth?
Salamanders: Underslung flamer.
Raven Guard: Beaky helmet!! Lightning claw?
Iron Hands: Bionic hand
Imperial Fists: Power Fist!
White Scars: "Mongol" head from old hairy-head sprue. Pelt of some kind.
World Eaters: Chain axe
Thousand Sons: Suggestion of Librarian. Tome of knowledge!
Iron Warriors: Siege weapons??? Heavy crenelation details around legs.
Night Lords: Skull faceplace, bone talismans.
Blood Angels: Golden deathmask helmet. Perhaps convert backpack.
Word Bearers: Grey armor giving way to red. Script on armor. Parchment strips.

Emperor's Children: Carrying a banner (as in the honor given to the original Legion)

Death Guard: Scythe-type bayonet on the bolter

Luna Wolves: White armor color giving way to green (Luna Wolves = Sons of Horus). Perhaps use a Lieutenant model to represent him taking command.

Alpha Legion: No changes - because they are like everyone; everyone is Alpharius!

Thanks in advance!

Emperor's Children = halberd? Or Power lance?

Hmm - sounds good. EDIT: It just struck me; the honor given the original Legion was to carry the Palatine Aquila - he needs an Aquila banner!

I'd say no change for the Alpha Legionnaire - being indistinct was one of their traits. If everyone else has minor changes, then his lack thereof will be his unique quality while being true to the Legion.

Well, of course - all of them are Alpharius smile.png

Archived