Here the start version of my vow

The second Warsmith:

​So a few friends are running a RPG (Deathwatch?). Where they've base character on people from my local Games Workshop store & gaming club. So they've base a Iron Warrior Warsmith on myself. The narrative meant to be base on the Gothic sector & how he led to the warp storm there.
His warband meant to be Helbrute & Obliterator heavy, it sort of the Chaos era version of Narik Dreygur (the limited ed Forge World model). With the Warsmith having the flesh-metal armour that was a relic in Traitor Legion. Has the eternal hate of Magnus.

So if & when new Obliterators models get release from Games Workshop, there going to make up his warband who are attach to my 5th Grand Company. Sort like the two Iron Warriors force in Dead Sky Black Sun.

med_gallery_13342_13449_95675.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_90887.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_43497.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_7814.jpg

Haven't finished my current vow, but I thought i would add some updates.

Ahriman Magnetized base

I magnetized Ahriman to work either on a disk or a more dynamic base.

Heldrake WIP

my WIP Heldrake, the head and neck isn't glued just puttied for the picture and I was working on the base when I ran out of Astrogranite Debris.

Here how the second Warsmith looking.

I've added a few parts. Like skull on the belt, extra Mk3 armour plate sort match the armour loin cloth the 5th have. Then green stuff to help rep the flesh-metal relic Iron Warriors get where it bit of the Obliterator virus binding & tie with the warband he will lead in the future.

med_gallery_13342_13449_30550.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_50068.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_25663.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_105929.jpg

Vow complete! The picture is a bit washed out, but here he is.

http://i.imgur.com/Qg4JwLm.jpg?1

Used this critter in a 1k pt game earlier in the evening, and he got smote into bloody gubbins by a Black Legion sorcerer! Oh well. Such is the will of the thirsting gods.

Going to come up with a final vow for the Death Guard later. 

Edited by Azekai

Whew, here I was thinking the event ending ...turns out I still have all of August. The Gods smile upon me, indeed.

So here is a quick WiP overview

gallery_66914_8104_281441.jpg

I am still going through the shading of the Hull

gallery_66914_8104_470807.jpg

and the build up of corrosion

gallery_66914_8104_438035.jpg

and the look of diseased flesh (which isn

Wow IP. That looks amazing.

I am going to have to go back to the drawing board on my own warpsmith... 
So many great little details. Did you free hand the chevrons and Iron Warrior skull?
The eight-pointed star on the inside next to the view screen are my favorite bits.

Wow IP. That looks amazing.

I am going to have to go back to the drawing board on my own warpsmith... 

So many great little details. Did you free hand the chevrons and Iron Warrior skull?

The eight-pointed star on the inside next to the view screen are my favorite bits.

Yes, all chevrons are free hand painted.  The Iron Warrior skull on the shield is from the Forge World transfer sheet, along with the writing.  It because of this sheet that I started using transfer two year ago, other wise it was often something I avoid.

Excellent work, with only a month left now is the time to work harder - or easier if you thought the event was ending tomorrow :laugh.::wink: Speaking of which, that means enough time for me to get another vow in too:

I vow to complete 1 Terminator Sorcerer for the glory of Chaos before the end of August.

gallery_30308_10249_42591.jpg

If all goes well I'll try and follow him up with a TDA Lord :thumbsup:

I would like to add 3 new plague marines to my first vow! received my first strike on thursday, cleaned, build, primed and layered them today.

http://i.imgur.com/83JGnTl.jpg

after taking the pic I added one more layer of sepia wash. next step - metals... have to try couple of ideas on a test model first.

and I think if I finish these 10 next week, I'll add a second vow.

Edited by Parweke

Ok. Vow Finished.

Well I was aiming to get these photos up some point last week, but my trip to the hospital took more out of me than I expected. Anyway these are some poor quality photos of the finished unit. Will try and get better ones up as soon as I can!

Will work on my next vow soon!

gallery_63905_13412_1126845.jpg

gallery_63905_13412_765761.jpg

First page been updated, if I've miss out any please let me know on this topic.

You said you were updating current vows, so does that mean completed vows are being tallied up later?

First page been updated, if I've miss out any please let me know on this topic.

You said you were updating current vows, so does that mean completed vows are being tallied up later?

Just added the vows for the moment due to time.  Complete vow score will be added tomorrow as I'll have a bit more time later on in the day.