What to do with my Mastodon?

40. Can carry jump pack units, terminators, and dreadnoughts, with the usual space capacity.  Plus tough and potent.  It's way better in 8th than it was in 7th.

Thanks mate, Do you know it's point cost and why it cannot transport primaris when the Thunderhawk can?

It's around 900pts with weapons. No justification or explanation of why primaris is disallowed.

Thanks mate. Can anyone suggest what to do with it then? I'm building a primaris only red scorpions army and a 30/40k space wolves force, I was really excited about making it the main vehicle for my scorpions but that option is out of the table now. Could it fit a viable role in a 40k space wolves force or should I just sell it on and buy something else?

It's around 900pts with weapons. No justification or explanation of why primaris is disallowed.

Thanks mate. Can anyone suggest what to do with it then? I'm building a primaris only red scorpions army and a 30/40k space wolves force, I was really excited about making it the main vehicle for my scorpions but that option is out of the table now. Could it fit a viable role in a 40k space wolves force or should I just sell it on and buy something else?
Nah,just give it me for free. I'd treat her like family. ;)

I'm surprised that regular Marine tanks can't transport Primaris, makes it harder for people to intergrate them into their army so lowering potential sales I would say... Unless they're hoping people start a new army of Primaris for this reason? Hmmm

I do like that the Confusingly names Primaris Rhino can't carry Primaris Marines!

The Mastodon will be incredibly hard to fit in a loyalist army due to the relic rule. You need two other Lords of War that aren't relics, and those are both rare and expensive units.

The rules for the Mastodon are otherwise pretty much OK. I'm not incredibly impressed to be fair when you consider the points cost and what it brings to the table. I feel you could be more cost effective with Land Raiders.

It's a shame, it's a fantastic model, but I feel they messed up the rules for Lord of War relics and the Mastodon's actual cost too.