Ultima Founding Successors (Salamanders)

Jagus Kumkani

With the new edition and the Ultima Founding, I couldn't help but notice, the Salamanders didn't get one confirmed successor chapter. I felt like the Ultima Founding would habhave been the perfect opportunity to do so.

The Blood Angels got the Sons of the Chalice, even with their genetic flaw. The Raven Guard got ANOTHER chapter despite their losses.

As a Salamanders player I feel after 10,000 years, it's about time we get a successor Chapter...a confirmed one anyways.

I know I'm ranting but I'm kinda salty about it.

The God-Potato is seizing his opportunity and is making his Dark Imperium Primaris marines into a Salamander Successor: the Anvil Guard...or the Forge Guard...or maybe the Furnace Guard. I like the word "Guard" and they will be reverse Salamander colours - black armour and green trim. 

Seize the opportunity Fraters, let us fill the uncaring void with Space-y Dragon dudes. 

I shall list my brainstorming of names:

Sons of the Forge (ripped straight from Nick Kyme's cold, dead corpse) 

Anvil Swords/Hammers/Guard

Forge Swords/Hammers/Guard

Furnace Swords/Hammers/Guard

Charred Swords/Hammers/Guard

Hammers of the Emperor - because how dare puny mortals take appropriate our love for hammers?!

Swords/Spear/Fists of Hephaestus/Vulkan

Edited by God-Potato of Mankind

The God-Potato is seizing his opportunity and is making his Dark Imperium Primaris marines into a Salamander Successor: the Anvil Guard...or the Forge Guard...or maybe the Furnace Guard. I like the word "Guard" and they will be reverse Salamander colours - black armour and green trim. 

Maybe "Guardians of the Flame"?

Pyre Guard / Knights / Lords / Warriors

Lava Guard / Knights / Warriors

Drake Guard / Drakengarde

Sons / Brotherhood of Vulkan / Volcanis / Immolation / the Inferno / the Anvil / the Pyroclast / the Pyroclasm / the Phoenix

Inferno Guard / Knights / Warriors / Lords / Swords / Hammers / Bringers

Immolation Guard / Warriors / Fists

Flame Guard / Hearts / Knights / Bringers / Singers

Ash Guard / Warriors / Bringers

Cinder Guard / Lords / Fists / Knights

That's all I can think of in relation to common Salamanders imagery.

I will be painting and building a successor of the Salamanders for 8th. Salamanders were my forst chapter and love.

My chapter will be called The World Dragons. Color scheme is White with green eagles helmets and backpacks. Red trim on the shoulder pads and a red dragon head for the chapter symbol. As they are Salamaders successors I will not be using squad markings or tactical icons. Instead the right shoulder pads will have flames. Sargent's will have red stipes on the top of the helmets and I will use a hammer for characters inside the flames.

I want their chapter world to have similar conditions to nocturn. Recently discovered at the edge of the South eastern sectors of space. Because the imperium need new manufacturing worlds they have invested large.ampunts of resources to take this sector of space. It will also be near tyranids, orks, and the Tau empire So My chapter will be pretty busy.

The hardest part of this is coming up with a list. So far I have two of the new starter sets of marines. Seems like a good start but I can't cover all my bases until they release the grav tank for Primarius and the new dread.

• 3 weeks later...

I came up with The Basilisks.  Tan with black pauldrons, a stylized crowned basilisk chapter logo, and company colour on the right knee.  More emphasis on shock tactics and marksmanship than flamecraft.   They reason the faster and more focused the force, the fewer casualties and lower collateral damage.  Imagine the Salamanders toughness and compassion mixed with the Raptors pragmatism and precision.  They maintain close relations with the Salamanders, and have established a tradition of making a pilgrimage to Nocturne at least once in their lives to spiritually connect with the planet, its people, and the history of Vulkan himself.   The study of gunsmithing and architecture are also strongly encouraged within the chapter. 

No successors as far as I can see, but it suggests that both the Black Dragons and the Storm Giants could be due to similarities in physique, markings and dogma. In the chapters listed as of unknown founding, it mentions that the Fire Lords use flamecraft in chapter rituals that many find reminiscent of the Salamanders.

I remember reading "Nocturne" or one of the books in the Salamanders trilogy, and Nihilian addressing his troops. He was basically quoted saying "We are Dragon Warriors, Black Dragons and Storm Giants, we all have one thing in common. We want to kill the Salamanders." Or something along those lines. But he blatantly saying, Black Dragons and Storm Giants are indeed the successors of the Salamanders.

They believe themselves to be Salamanders successors, and there is some reason to believe they are, but it isn't actually known for certain. The Salamanders don't officially recognize any successors of themselves. Part of that is due to them not being involved with or aware of any successors being made from them, so any successors would've been created without their knowledge or consent. There's also their relatively small numbers compared to other chapters, and their propensity to lose a lot of guys fighting against the odds, meaning they don't spare more than the required tithe of geneseed since they need most of it to replenish themselves. Personally, I think another big part of it is the value Salamanders place on self reliance. They may not officially recognize any successors even if they were 100% certainly from the Salamanders because they would want their successors to stand on their own, and able to take care of themselves without relying on the Salamanders' name and legacy.

I remember reading "Nocturne" or one of the books in the Salamanders trilogy, and Nihilian addressing his troops. He was basically quoted saying "We are Dragon Warriors, Black Dragons and Storm Giants, we all have one thing in common. We want to kill the Salamanders." Or something along those lines. But he blatantly saying, Black Dragons and Storm Giants are indeed the successors of the Salamanders.

Hmm, I don't quite understand how what you quoted there reads as an outright claiming of descending from the Sallies. I haven't read these books, so I'm probably missing some context or something?

Any chance of a direct quote, if you or anyone else has the time? This actually matters to me a great deal.

Re: "they believe themselves to be Salamanders successors", is this true? An actual Storm Giant marine is actually quoted as saying this somewhere??

Edited by Draakur

Hmm, I don't quite understand how what you quoted there reads as an outright claiming of descending from the Sallies. I haven't read these books, so I'm probably missing some context or something?

Any chance of a direct quote, if you or anyone else has the time? This actually matters to me a great deal.

Re: "they believe themselves to be Salamanders successors", is this true? An actual Storm Giant marine is actually quoted as saying this somewhere??

I'll see if there's anything I can find on the internet, my books are packed up at the moment.