Re-rolls and modifiers

Kobrakei

I feel like this is being overthought and over-complicated.

Morale is setting defined values... 'Number of units slain' is a set value from combat and the D6 you roll is a value. You're just adding up the 2 numbers and comparing them to LD, the number of models slain is not a modifier. 

If you pass your morale test, a modifier can still cause you to lose a model/s, if it causes your LD to drop below the combination of your lost models and D6. In which case you wouldn't get the ATSKNF re-roll, because modifiers are applied after, and you passed the test initially.

IF you failed a Morale test (and therefore would lose extra models) but you have ATSKNF, you can then re-roll. THEN add any leadership modifiers, which means you may well still fail.

Edit: spelling etc, Night shift

Edited by Zamtro

And no one can ever reroll any psychic test or deny the witch test.

And that can't possibly be correct.

So the number of slain cant be a modifier either.

I agree that neither is the intended functionality, but that is how they both read.

@Zamtro: you roll a d6, it shows a value from 1-6. You add a number to that value, thus you are modifying it. GW never tells us what a modifier is supposed to be in game terms, so we have to resort to plain English. A modifier is something or someone that modifies one or something.

Please show me a rule that says the number of slain models is not a modifier.

Yes, there can be other modifiers that modify other things (like for instance the LD value), but the rule says that rerolls happen before all modifiers. the rule makes no distinction.

And no one can ever reroll any psychic test or deny the witch test.

And that can't possibly be correct.

So the number of slain cant be a modifier either.

I agree that neither is the intended functionality, but that is how they both read.

@Zamtro: you roll a d6, it shows a value from 1-6. You add a number to that value, thus you are modifying it. GW never tells us what a modifier is supposed to be in game terms, so we have to resort to plain English. A modifier is something or someone that modifies one or something.

Please show me a rule that says the number of slain models is not a modifier.

Yes, there can be other modifiers that modify other things (like for instance the LD value), but the rule says that rerolls happen before all modifiers. the rule makes no distinction.

Reads straight forward to me =\ this seems a lot like the 'Chainswords grant an extra attack thread' after there were some leaks. Creating a problem where there isn't one. When really the rule was exactly as straight forward as it read.