Our favorite Captain Korvydae?

Mr. Poe

If I remember correctly, there's a side passage that says his stint in the Deathwatch was for only two years, and from how it read it made it seem like it was past tense. But I could be wrong, but I do fully remember it was for only 2 years.

What about the option of him staying in DW and becoming a DW character in the future?

This would explain the missing answer from FW if the cannot tell about GW’s future plans.

@ CaE:

Yes, one paragraph of text is something we should be used to be satisfied with as fluff for a character or even an entire chapter. Korvydae appeared in IA 8 and had entire four little paragraphs, this isn’t little and way more than just a name.

Just wanted to chime in. Bran Redmaw has also been cut out, but it is rumoured that, like the Corsairs, he will get more attention again once FW gets along to updating all their books in full again. (Which means you can wait years...)

I appreciate there may be narrative reasons, and FW may want to explore this stuff in a future book... but the reality is they sell a model we can't use, the index books (books intended the bridge the gap were describing) should have him covered.

Very disappointed, and a waste of £15.

I used his body for a lightning claws captain that will count as Shrike until I get my kitbash done.

Besides, I'd rather there be a model with no rules than rules for model that doesn't exist. (Issodon, Mir'san, I'm looking at you)

Edited by Claws and Effect

That makes sense, as his old rules are all covered by the current rules. FoC chart swaps appear to be dead and buried, as the new FOC layouts cover everything you could dream of.

Just use him as a generic Captain with jump pack and thunder hammer leading an Outrider detachment of Assault Marines with some Scouts.

Everyone has hit and run now to some extent, and since he has a jump pack, he can shoot after falling back.

His only other rule was a restriction that you must take a Scout squad, which you can self impose in the Outrider detachment.

Yes, a shame. Quite a few characters replaced with generic stuff. Lots of chapters that need the flavour suddenly find themselves lacking. Doubly so if you play the Minotaurs.