What is the point of the Land Raider Proteus?

I brought the epub Imperial Armour book so I could look at pretty rules for stuff I probably shouldn't buy. Looking at the Proteus, what point is there running one instead of a regular land raider? They are more expensive with less guns and the only real benefit is keeping away any infiltration style units (12" as opposed to the usual 9").

I've got a Rogue Trader land raider I'm trying to fix up, but seeing the rules it's a bit off putting.

I brought the epub Imperial Armour book so I could look at pretty rules for stuff I probably shouldn't buy. Looking at the Proteus, what point is there running one instead of a regular land raider? They are more expensive with less guns and the only real benefit is keeping away any infiltration style units (12" as opposed to the usual 9").

I've got a Rogue Trader land raider I'm trying to fix up, but seeing the rules it's a bit off putting.

That's it really, they give you the disruptive arua which is pretty nice for a shooty army.

They can also take 3 Twin-Lascannons, which is a nice load out!

Well, it used to be good with the old rules.

It gave you bonus on reserve rolls and I think that it also had an orbital strike (not 100% sure).  And it was a HQ transport.

Actually they can't take three twin lascannons. Its really a strange tank.

Indeed, although the Chaos version can take 3 twin lascannons just like the heresy version can.

Damn really? That's a shame the loyalist one can't then...!