Primaris of the First Legion

IR0N

I personally really like the color scheme. So much detail in these figures its great. 

If you would like to make them stand out as DA more, maybe try some more red decals or if your feeling brave go for the red bolter :)

Looking great!

I prefer Dark Angels to be brighter than the train wreck that is Caliban Green, and these look great. Maybe a tiny smidge brighter Han I would go, but love how you can see the detail

I really don't know what GW were thinking when ray replaced Dark Angels Green with Caliban Green. I know they had to change the name for ip protection, but the colour of Caliban Green is way too dark, especially if you look at Dark Angels over the previous editions

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if it's to light but I feel it's to yellow/grey and not rich enough for dark angles.

A very nice camo green colour but for the first legion they have a very rich deep green. You may find a glaze is the way to intensify the colour and shift the shade.

Edited by Mechanist

Personally as I am returning from a long hiatus I would really like to see a step by step in this thread. The whole idea of using gloss for highlights then matte is new to me. I've read some about it online. Something about surface tension? 

Awesome!, i see peeps saying it's not how "I" like em...and that's the exact point...they are "HIS" Dark Angel marines,not "YOURS" :ermm:  and that green is damn awesome, decals will show they are Dark Angels and that's all we need...in fact GW should Change the colours of DA's to look like these :cool.: ... i don't think anyone would refuse to play these if they thought "oh man they're too light?...i can't possibly play a fun game against you now...sorry :facepalm: "

p.s Raptors don't have red boltguns or DA wings or checkerboarding on em or awesome purple cloaks... not raptors :no: 

Cheers, Mithril 

:jawdrop:  This champion is just amazing. I agree with mithrilforge, GW should update there DA colour scheme to this! 

The detail is awesome, from the face, decals to the gun and cloak. I look forwad to seeing more and a pic of a whole squad together :)