Custodes "backpacks" for Primaris

Iam attempting to build a few Priamris from Stormcast Eternals. The issue? Stormcast backpacks that would fit are too rare to be viable as backpacks for line troops. Just slapping a Marine backpack on them looks very awkward. There are two alternatives. One is to somehow modify the Marine version to it fits. However, there is also the Custodes backpack-ish setup. Do you think that would be not be too far fetched to find on a custom Primaris (read: Stormcast-styles armour) as opposed to the classic backpack? From a fluff point of view that is.

This would probably do better in the general PCA questions forum.

I think Guillimans new guys (or suitable count as such as sigmarines) would look suitable with Custodates style integrated backpacks. The powerpack is the last obstacle imo regarding Astartes combat viability (vs other astartes) as it's the last things that can be grabbed hold of.

You will need good greenstuff modeling capabilities.

I'm a big fan of the Custodes backpack, however, the fluff notes that it's extremely valuable and rare as the entire reactor has been miniaturized and made more efficient, without having to actually be an external backpack, and we pretty much only see it on Custodes for this reason.

Could you possibly see it from some ungodly master artisan somewhere in the cosmos? Sure. I would be much more comfortable recommending the Custodes back vents for an artificer Terminator than an artificer Primaris Mk X. For example, keep in mind every single Mk X reactor we have seen has not only required an external backpack, but an even larger one than the old ones, with an even bigger reactor core/component as shown by the large silver disc people constantly say is Tau-like.

I wouldn't necessarily let this prevent you from doing the conversion, as it's obviously common enough for Custodes to stick on literally everything they own, including the Dreadnoughts, but it's something to keep in mind if "likelihood" is something that's important to you. I would only attempt this on a chapter that is well known for either scavenging or master craftsmanship, leaning towards the latter. Minotaurs, Salamanders, Blood Angel successors, chapters like these would come to mind. At the very least, it would fit the Stormcast aesthetic, especially if you paint up everything in gold to reinforce that appropriated Custodes theme. An Imperial Fists officer who was awarded similar technology long ago when the chapter or legion was still operating near Terra and alongside the Custodes and ended up passing down the modified heirloom to his eventual successor would also be a good example.

Edited by Tyberos the Red Wake