Company organisation

Stewie_Mc

I was looking at the codex chapter organisation And just wanted something clarifying

the 2nd company for example can have

Captain

Chaplain

Apothecary

Standard bearer

6 tactical squads

2 assault squads

2 devestator squads

Plus supports

Am I correct in thinking that the 100 marine limit in the codex is the squads? And the support units and captain, Chaplain,  Apothecary, and standard bearer are on top of that?

Also is their a permitted amount of support units a company could have available

Thanks all

Correct, the number is about the squads, so command and auxiliary units are not counted (or are bonus?).  There is not detail that I have read discussing a limit on support units as those are provided at the needs of the Captain or directed by Administration.

GW seems to be trying move away from giving defined sizes to companies and chapters. The new index Imperium 1, has a bunch of information on marines and their organization but doesn't give any numbers or specific names of units in companies. Probably because there is no logical way to standardize mixed Primaris and TruMarine chapters since they have different units.

The old 1,000 marine limit does not count Dreadnoughts, Command Squads, officers and Captains, Chapter Master and retinue, HQ staff, Armory staff and pilots, Libarius staff, Recclusiam and Chaplains, excess Scouts and neophytes, or servitors, chapter serfs, and other combat personnel.

The current fluff has removed the 1,000 limit as Guilliman has inserted the Primaris reinforcements into squads 11 and upwards in each Company willing to receive them.