++// AUGUST ARENA 2017 - EVENT THREAD \\++

Congrats to on the completions and awards guys!

Thanks for the write up, Augustus. I enjoyed the read, and it only motivates me to finish on scheduled time next year. I was really excited to go head-to-head per say with another frater and experience the unique aspect of this challenge format, but alas that was not to be. Soldier of Dorn, I hope all is good.

Oh damn. Thx mate. I will add this beautiful banner to my signature wearing proudly until my last day or when the next challenge occurs. Hope it doesn't take 2 years..

Many THX to Augustus for hosting this event, especislly it you find the love it is not easy to stay in the road.

You're most welcome, and very deserving of it. Some might say I am a tad biased on truescale night lords, but screw them! ;) 

Congrats to on the completions and awards guys!

Thanks for the write up, Augustus. I enjoyed the read, and it only motivates me to finish on scheduled time next year. I was really excited to go head-to-head per say with another frater and experience the unique aspect of this challenge format, but alas that was not to be. Soldier of Dorn, I hope all is good.

Take your unique ERUDITUS banner, dude! You deserve it :) Sorry to hear Psycho didn't show up for the actual challenge.... :(

Um... I think you forgot me augs. :wink:

Thanks for running it, even if you did feel you lost focus near the end. I enjoy using this event as an opportunity to push myself.

Woopsie! Sorry buddy! you're a sly devil, so you slipped through! ;) I've edited you in, of course. :) Glad to hear you enjoyed the event!

An excellent write up Augustus, thank you very much indeed for hosting this and congrats to my fellow Frater! Been a while since I managed to complete a challenge here. :D

I hope Ashenwhyte, my brother in arms and challenger will see his miniature through one day, doesn't matter when, I'm looking forwards to seeing the final result as the progress was looking great.

Here's hoping this event will come around again in the next year instead of two, but regardless of timescale, I'm ready for the next one. Cambrius

Thanks so much for the extra recognition and thanks for organizing/running this event, Augustus. So many great entries , it was fun to see the projects evolve. Looking forward to doing another one in the future!

As for encouragement, I found Sagentus a great person to work with. Between comments and pm's it was definitely a fun challenge.  Defintely good to have made a new mate across the pond.

Edited by rednekkboss

Thanks for the event Augustus, it has been a blast and I hope to participate in future iterations! However, I must point out that I did finish my second entry on time but it isn't registered on the first page, as I said in my last post, meaning that I did compete my two vows for the Arena...

Ah... what can I say, except mea culpa? Had some irl things arise that prevented me from doing my bit. Perhaps next time I will actually fulfill my obligations, as I can't say I've had exactly the best record on this forum when it comes to it. :/

My deepest apologies to my partner, KBA, for failing to uphold my end of our challenge, and a hearty congratulations on his -- albeit tardy -- completion. Still leagues more than I did.

Thanks for the event Augustus, it has been a blast and I hope to participate in future iterations! However, I must point out that I did finish my second entry on time but it isn't registered on the first page, as I said in my last post, meaning that I did compete my two vows for the Arena...

Herp derp! Sorry buddy! Could you please point me to the completion post so I can add it to the Annals on the first page? ? I'll also alter the event wrap up posts :smile.: Take your deserved two-pip banner!

Ah... what can I say, except mea culpa? Had some irl things arise that prevented me from doing my bit. Perhaps next time I will actually fulfill my obligations, as I can't say I've had exactly the best record on this forum when it comes to it. :/

My deepest apologies to my partner, KBA, for failing to uphold my end of our challenge, and a hearty congratulations on his -- albeit tardy -- completion. Still leagues more than I did.

It's never too late for redemption, as they say! :tu:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Thank you Augustus for running this event, it was fun seeing everybody’s projects.

I really enjoyed working on the 2nd editions Necrons, and plan on working on some more for the Xeno Community Event. That said, looking back, I feel it might have been better to work something a little newer and or with more conversion potential. There were a lot of interesting conversions and some nice paint schemes, especially those that really showed the Primaris marines to be better models then I first believed them to be, a good paint job goes a long way. The monopose hunks of metal, and my mediocre painting skills, at times felt very at odds with the great jobs everybody else was doing.

Thank you also to Andrew Christlieb and Varred for being my challenge partners for round one and two. Andrew, I hope you get to finish your unit at some point. Varred I look forward to seeing more imperial fists from you from time to time. See you around the forum.

Will the arena return next year? I hope it does.