BA: A Gathering of Suggestions

Aothaine

Tanks (land speeders etc) of all sizes blow up and do mortal wounds, big bugs and monsters die and thrash out one last time causing mortal wounds, Lucius the F Eternal causes mortal wounds just for making saves...

Not to go on another Lucius rant hah, but you charge him with DC and force him to make a bunch of saves - your unit straight up dies before he even starts fighting.

Well at least he doesn't walk around with T7 and dishes out 18 shots per turn like Kastellans. Some units have some serious access to mortal wounds and then there are units like the T'au Skyray that does an average of 3-4 Mortal wounds a game and then is pretty much useless.

...Deathcompany doing mortal wounds for a unit within X" upon failing moral tests really isn't a big deal. :D

Going to need to remind people that I would like you to create separate topics for discussions. If you have ideas and discuss them in another thread please link to the thread and post the template here.

I'm trying to keep the amount of posts down intentionally in this thread so it is easier for me to update the doc.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Unit: The Sanguinor

Description of Desired Change: To become a primarch like (or daemon primarch like) for the Blood Angels.

Argument Supporting Change: I think The Sanguinor should be very powerful. Maybe not as much as in the novels, but for someone that took down a Lord of Skulls and ka'bandha (one of the 4 greater minions of Khorne) the actual incarnation is ridiculous. If the Blood Angels are not getting Sanguinius as a primarch maybe The Sanguinor could fill in for him.

Link to Forum Discussion Thread: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/339281-crazy-ideas-for-our-codex-whishlistin´-conspiracies/?p=4885328

Edited by Orpheus Black Blood

Unit: death company

Description of desired change: 6" consolidation, like the death company dreadnought

Argument supporting change:

This would give the death company a differing role from other units like vanguard vets and sanguinary guard. The ability to hit a frontline troop and more easily consolidate into another unit cannot be overstated. This will allow them to hit a chaff unit hard and lock down a backfield unit after more easily instead of getting shot to pieces standing in the open. While an enemy could spread their forces out further to counter this, the 6" range makes it more difficult to do so for armies we traditionally struggle with such as guard or tau, as they will have to fill even more of their deployment zone by spreading out than normal. It also gives them a somewhat differing role from khorne berserkers, who they are similarly priced to. While the berserkers will more effectively chop through huge units, the death company will form a spearhead and break through the front line then lock down the back so the rest of the army can advance unmolested. Combined with a stratagem for "attack again" I assume we will be getting (regular marines have this, it would make no sense to not give to the close combat chapter), I feel this small change will make the death company feared again without being overpowered.