Terminus Ultra

Bmseifer

LoW slot - This doesn't bother me much. With the freedom of detachments now it's pretty easy to ignore

Transport - This is the big difference. I'm not convinced though that LR's are the go to choice for bringing terminators this edition. I'd rather use a Stormraven or even deepstrike them. 

Chronus - Still undecided on this one. Depends on how he works really which isn't clear to me. Since his BS replaces the vehicle he's in, does that remove the vehicles damage tables degrading BS?

This is my personal opinion but I only bring the godhammer as a lascannon gun platform. For this reason the Terminus is miles ahead in efficiency for me, bringing double the number of shots for only ~40pts more. Make sure to have a captain or even guilliman close by and we will be inflicting alot of damage each turn

Yeah at 400 points it's a steal. The handful of battle reports and general scuttlebutt that I have seen indicated that people were very happy with Terminus Ultra even when they paid 600 points for it. I'm just trying to figure out where I can get the lascannons...

I'm thinking the sponsons from a predator as single lascannons mounted where the front hatches are on the sides and a razorback turret with twin lascannons instead of the heavy bolter. Atleast that's what the first hit when googling Terminus Ultra seem to show

Should be plug and play.

It's actually a pretty decent alternative to a Spartan. It has 4 less wounds and lack the behemoth rule but it comes a bit cheaper and doesn't have the relic rule that makes it impractical to bring and it can split it's firepower better

Edited by Bmseifer

Thanks for starting this thread; I had totally forgotten I had these just laying around!

http://i63.tinypic.com/347irz9.jpg

I'd forgotten I ordered a few sets a few years back to turn the rhinos from the old battleforce into razorbacks. Glad I ordered them then because it seems they're OOP.

When I get one assembled, I'm sure going to try one. And if I like it enough, I might just assemble the second one as well :)

Back in the day you could order a Terminus Ultra upgrade sprue and it contained the Predator sponson and Razorback turret sprues.

Never got around to building one...

Good point, it doesn't say "includes" or "excludes".

The FAQ solves it though:

Page 203 – Space Marine Points Values, Lords of War Add the following text beneath ‘Points Per Model’: ‘(Including Wargear)’

Edited by Seahawk

I wouldn't mind trying it for fun but making one could be a touch pricey. It is funny to me that I thought they wouldn't make rules for models that don't exist? Or is this a model somewhere I'm unaware of?

After googling a bit it was a limited edition land raider that actually came with predator sponson sprue and razorback turret sprue. Don'¨t know when it was sold though

Yep, back in the day when such "Lords of War" could only be seen in Apoc.

Ah, those were the days ...

If you are magnetizing sponsons, then you could potentially save space and money to have a TU ^_^