Sharing an Excel list builder

I've spent a couple of days building an Excel sheet for list building in 8th Ed. It's limited to the 'regular' Astartes forces in the Imperium 1 book, but I've found it quite handy for quickly tallying points for units/wargear and keeping track of unit types for Detachments.

It requires a slightly above-basic level of understanding of Excel, and is useless without Imperium 1 (unless you think you can get away with building a list where all your Tactical Marines are rocking Chainfists) as you need to know what wargear goes with which unit.

I was thinking of sharing it here, but wanted first to gauge:

- if the mods are ok with this, given GW's recent interventions with 40k Army List Builder. It's been kept very simple and I've no commercial intentions whatsoever, but nonetheless it does contain GW's unit names and points.

- if anyone would actually find it useful.

This probably won't be allowed.

The Army List Builder was dropped because it hosted the files internally; by that, I mean the values and information for the armies, unlike BattleScribe who provide a platform for said files to be loaded onto. As far as I can see, what you're suggesting is no different from the Army List Builder in terms of how it handles the content.

Fair point. I had considered building in an external linking function, but that's just getting too complicated for something I'd intended to keep as a simple stopgap until GW hopefully comes through with its own list builder.

Failing this, I can make the Excel sheet available, keeping in all the library searching and calculating functions with the units and points stripped out, and simple instructions on how to rebuild this yourself. Again: assuming anyone's sufficiently interested.