Space Marine Masters of the Chapter Models

Noxnoctis22

I received a box of the Space Marine Masters of the Chapter as a gift and I was just going to paint them up for my RG successor chapter but I'm wondering if I should make any of them a jump pack model instead of the standard backpack type.

The loadouts the models come with are as follows:

-Power Axe & Storm Shield

-Power Sword (or Relic Blade) & Storm Bolter

-Thunder Hammer

-Power Sword (or Relic Blade)

Here's the image of them from GW's site.

99810101073_MastersoftheChapterNEW01.jpg

I would say: The Relation between the Raven Guard and Jump Packs is the same as between Space Wolves and … wolfish Wolf-Things. You can never have enough of them. But I want to put Jump Packs on all HQ Choices, no matter which Chapter. So maybe I'm not the best consultant on this topic. :biggrin.:

After a moment of meditation: I would put Jump Packs on all of them, except the Guy with the Sledgehammer. Maybe even him. Give it a try with some double-faced adhesive tape.

P.S.: I spent a few Moments thingking about, how they would look in Black, and I have to admit … man, you Ravens have an insta-cool Colour Scheme.

Edited by Filius

There's no rule that says a jump pack has to be actively being used to be on a model. Just look at the Lord Executioner model.

The thing I would question is how exactly they are wearing flowing cloaks and jump packs at the same time.

There's no rule that says a jump pack has to be actively being used to be on a model. Just look at the Lord Executioner model.

The thing I would question is how exactly they are wearing flowing cloaks and jump packs at the same time.

Ah, right, no capes! :biggrin.:

I have 2 of these, thunder hammer guy won't accommodate the jumppack as hammer is in the way; sword plus stormbolter guy only accommodates the 'single turbine' sanguinary-guard-type jump pack., as shoulder guard is very high

Other 2 I cant check, but suspect the mk III shoulder pads will get in the way of twin turbine jumppacks.

I think I'm going to go with jump packs on the....

-Power Axe & Storm Shield

-Power Sword (or Relic Blade) & Master-crafted Boltgun

Leave the other two as is. I'm also putting them on larger bases and swapping out the heads on them to more emotional faces. I think the ones I picked out came from the DW Kill Team box.

It's just going to be nice to work a few unique guys, models you rarely see on the table.

Ahhh come on … don't be more pontifical than the pope (as we say in Germany)!

More than half of this Squad of Skyclaws will be dead, five minutes after they first activated their jump pack, bled dry from the wound on their head, where their beautiful long hair has been, before it vanished into the jump pack … and that's the official Skyclaws Product Picture from the Webshop. And it's not better in the Codex. :biggrin.:

http://dark-and.grim.rocks/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2017/07/half-dead-skyclaws.jpg