No Rapier Quad Mortar in 40k?

I just bought the Forge World book that purportedly has rules for all units in 40k 8th Edition, but there is no Quad Mortar in it (just the heavy bolter or laser destroyer variants).

Am I going mad or was this not available to 40k armies before?!

It's not there for the moment and will likely (imo) appear in the new FW book, Fires of Cyraxes or failing that, an experimental rules PDF.

In the meantime, use them as a quad heavy bolter (which is excellent) or with you opponent's permission, you could use the rules for the Land Raider Achilles' main gun.

Heavy Quad Launcher is in Imperial Armor: Forces of the Astra Militarum.

It's the Space Marine one I'm referring to: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Space-Marine-Rapier-Quad-Mortar

@ Jolemai that's a good idea but as mine aren't built yet I think I'll email FW to clarify or confirm as I might return them if they're no good for BA.

When playing loyalist Space Marines, why not just use them as Thunderfire Cannons?

I play Blood Angels - can't take those either. At least, not with Blood Angels keyword, so no benefit from auras and possibly other boons from the Codex when it rolls around. They were £64 and available to Codex: Blood Angels when I bought them, I'm thinking I'll just return them and spend that money on something I can use without disadvantage.

I'm really confused as to Forgeworlds strategy with the SM index, between the omissions and restrictions there's little reason to order certain items anymore. For some reason the Siege Dreadnought can no longer take a siege drill, the relic rule for superheavies is short sighted, and the lack of the Sicaran Arcus and Omega rules (while having rules for the as yet unreleased Punisher) is all a bit odd. You would think stopping your customers from buying your product because of rules restrictions would be a bad idea.

For once the GW stuff seems pretty comprehensive and the FW book seems not very well thought through!

Another bizarre thing: the weapons in the index at the back aren't in alphabetical order - took me ages to find the accelerator cannon :D

Edited by LutherMax

Really I was under the impression that due to Alan being so ill the rules writing went to :cuss in the past year or so. Just look at Inferno its a mess. The relic rule is stupid.

The relic rule should have " a detachment can only contain a single unit with keyword "relic" of each unit type. Prevents spamming without limiting availability

Really I was under the impression that due to Alan being so ill the rules writing went to :censored: in the past year or so. Just look at Inferno its a mess. The relic rule is stupid.

The relic rule should have " a detachment can only contain a single unit with keyword "relic" of each unit type. Prevents spamming without limiting availability

I dunno... One of each unit type might be a bit too restrictive. I can see many people wanting to take a brace of Sicarans for example, but their increased points cost and having to take another Heavy Support option for each means you're not likely to see any more than that in a typical size army.

The Quad Mortar weapon profile is in the book. It's tasty!

FW, let me take my units! Lol

It is?! That's bizarre then - could it really be that actually left it out by mistake?! It should really be one of the weapon options on the Rapier Carrier entry...

I emailed FW yesterday so will hopefully hear back next week. I definitely won't return them until I hear as they're technically outside the returns time limit (although I'm sure they would make an exception if they are indeed no longer a 40k/BA option.

I was under the impression that certain HH weapons weren't going to be included in the FW Index...

In this instance, it's a case of something having 40k rules for the seventh edition which weren't carried over for eighth.

Plus its a mortar... Not exactly high science :D 

I cant imagine anyone would have a problem if it has points and the rapier carrier has points to just add them that way? 

I mean they basically put VDR back in with the new way things are pointed :D 

So I've sent in my e-mail complaining I can't buy the expensive things I like because I can't run them :P Hopefully someone at FW realizes their mistake and actually fixes these issues.

If it is a mistake and we can take them it will be pretty awesome. 15 melta bombs for 60" Heavy 4D3 S5 shots that do not require line of sight, or for when the enemy is closer 24" Heavy 4 S8 AP-2 D3? Yes please. Edited by LutherMax

And here I'm just wondering why the Thunderer siege tank chassis costs more base then the Leman Russ Demolisher with the Demolisher Cannon. I emailed them and hope I get a reason.