The Fists of Corax

Damo1701

spacemarine.jpg

The Fists of Corax were created solely from the Primaris Marine template developed by Archmagos Cawl as part of the reinforcements for the Imperium as designed by Robute Guilliman before his unfortunate slumber.

The Fists of Corax were compliant with the organisational roles and approved markings and signifiers until their first deployment against Xenos forces, during their training periods.  Training for the Fists of Corax was delayed significantly while the commanders of the Chapter attempted to figure out how to protect their sergeants, while allowing them to perform their duties while leading squads.  The simple answer came from Sergeant Horath.  He repainted his helmet from the stark red, as prescribed in the Codex Astartes-Primaris, to the same greys as his subordinates.  He maintained the skull emblem to signify his rank, mounted in the centre of his helm.

After much argument and discussion with the tech-adepts overseeing their equipment needs, the other sergeants of the chapter followed suit.  Officers of command level or higher also maintain the grey helm, though, tend to be better protected by other means while still visible to the forces around them.

The Fists of Corax are fleet-based, having failed to secure their desired homeworld close to Kiavahr and Deliverance due to hostility from the Raven Guard, who felt the gene-based experiments their Primarch undertook should have been left to the fog of history.  Their manufacturing facilities rival many Forge Worlds, while their recruitment spans many planets and systems that have been overlooked by traditional chapters due to genetic instability.

The Fists of Corax use Raven Guard Geneseed, and manifest many of their physical characteristics in the same vein as the Raven Guard themselves.  Their manner of warfare, currently mimics that of the Ultramarines Legion during the Great Crusade, albeit with much smaller squad sizes.  Current Chapter, Company, and support element numbers are unknown, as this chapter avoids contact with members of the Inquisition in a manner that is suspicious to many.  

The Fists of Corax are reported to be engaged across a vast area of the Indomitus Crusade, each company being held responsible for its own recruitment and training to replace casualties until the chapter is reformed.

WIP Pictures to follow of the first of my Intercessors.

Oooh, this is a good start! Do you plan to add to the Liber as well?

Not too sure tbh. I'm not very good at the writing of things like this. I just had it rattling around my head and needed to get it out.

On to the WIP shot.

Some minor detailing still needs to be completed, but, here is the first of my Intercessors.

1499787671280_192635322.jpg

good image hosting sites

The Fists of Corax are fleet-based, having failed to secure their desired homeworld close to Kiavahr and Deliverance due to hostility from the Raven Guard, who felt the gene-based experiments their Primarch undertook should have been left to the fog of history.

This. 100%. :thumbsup:

Interesting idea.

Isn't that one of the fantastic things about this hobby? The fact that our own visions always manage to find a niche in the universe.

The recipe I came up with is:

Prime black (rattle can)

Airbrush Mechanicus Standard Grey

All over wash Agrax Earthshade

Dry brush Dawnstone

Dry brush Administratum Grey

Details as normal.

I'm really pleased with how they came out, if I'm honest. So the fact others approve has helped. So, thank you

They sure look sharp. Nice to see such a great result with drybrushing. Kudos!

What about putting the RG chapter symbol on the right shoulder guard and keep the Fists one on the left? I've never seen something like that done before. 

I thought about doing something like that.  However, I actually need the Raven Guard symbols for my Raven Guard force.  Add to that I do like the "modern" squad designation symbols for codex compliant chapters.

What I might look at doing, at least for some of the Fast Attack units like the Inceptors, is to remove the blood drop from the Blood Angel symbol, and place wings on the "flight pack" but I haven't totally decided yet.

Being brand new to the world of 40K it's posts like this that makes me think "why didn't I get into this sooner"! I posted in the new members forum but just to give the folks around here a intro, I'm tearing through all that I can absorb for 40K & while I still have a ton of questions the more I look the more answers I find. I went through the Lexicanum a few weeks back & the army that "spoke" to me was the Raven Guard and it's successors. I really like what you've done here Damo, top notch stuff!