Reinforcement Rush - Summer '17

Scouts complete, just waiting on 3rd party heads and a trip to the nearby town for a suitable blue for the tau head on the base.

Apothecary, Primaris Ancient and Primaris Lieutenant coming shortly!

gallery_99652_13478_496965.jpg

These figures look much more intimidating in this state than if they had gotten heads lol. Good work tho :)

Wee update on my pledge, 2 weeks in Florida hasn't helped my painting schedule any so scrambling to finish before the cut off.

5 Plasma Primaris and 1 Captain down so far tho, two dreadnaughts to go:

Scouts complete, just waiting on 3rd party heads and a trip to the nearby town for a suitable blue for the tau head on the base.

Great progress so far guys, can't wait to see your vows fully completed!

Sort of rushed my final vow this evening as I'm not going to get another chance to paint before the end of the event. This isn't my best work and I'm going to have to go over him at a later date, but for all intents and purposes hes complete. 

G9bdGP6.jpg

That's my second vow finished. Didn't get as much painted this vow as I'd have liked, but that's just life I guess!

Jay

Edited by Centurion Jay

Wee update on my pledge, 2 weeks in Florida hasn't helped my painting schedule any so scrambling to finish before the cut off.

5 Plasma Primaris and 1 Captain down so far tho, two dreadnaughts to go:

Great progress so far guys, can't wait to see your vows fully completed!

Sort of rushed my final vow this evening as I'm not going to get another chance to paint before the end of the event. This isn't my best work and I'm going to have to go over him at a later date, but for all intents and purposes hes complete. 

G9bdGP6.jpg

That's my second vow finished. Didn't get as much painted this vow as I'd have liked, but that's just life I guess!

Jay

I really love the Black Centurion helm feathers. Is he 5th Company?

My vow shall go unfulfilled.

My Primaris captain met his fate to the titanic feet special rule, my titanic foot as I did not know he had been knocked off the desk, I spun my desk chair, put my foot down to stand up, heard a sickening crack. Broke the arms, legs, and sword...

And he never got to see combat in the name of the emperor and the Primarch! (That and I'm out the $$$ to replace him. >_<)

I really love the Black Centurion helm feathers. Is he 5th Company?

Thank you! He's part of my 30K army, I try and give all of my sergeants a crest for that greco-roman theme that I love about the romans!

My vow shall go unfulfilled.

My Primaris captain met his fate to the titanic feet special rule, my titanic foot as I did not know he had been knocked off the desk, I spun my desk chair, put my foot down to stand up, heard a sickening crack. Broke the arms, legs, and sword...

And he never got to see combat in the name of the emperor and the Primarch! (That and I'm out the $$$ to replace him. >_<)

Unfortunate news Brother, but alas these things sometimes happen. You will just have to make up for it in the next event! :wink:

The base is not quite done, but I'm not sure I'll have time before the event ends.

If I manage to do it, I'll upload another foto.

For now: Vow completed!!

Great stuff. Love the Leviathan dreadnought and yours looks fantastic mate!

All done and see you in the next Reinforcement Rush. :smile.:

@Centurion Jay, many thanks for hosting this event!

Absolutely love the blues of your marines and how clean and crisp you do the! And your welcome, it has been a pleasure!

For anybody doing some last minute work to get their vows complete, you've got until 23:59 GMT/UTC tomorrow to get them done. Good luck!

pdate from me, Captain Felix and his Lt are finished, as is 5 Agressors.

http://i.imgur.com/h07ponSl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/H4LfOrXl.jpg

Currently furiously working on the Ancient! Hope I finish in time!

Edited by Marcus Arias

Finished!

Terrible pic currently, I'll try and figure out what went wrong and get some closeups in the next few days.

In case anyone's curious, they're a homebrew successor chapter. Painted a test model back in 3rd/4th edition, FINALLY painting an army!

gallery_100277_13519_27108.jpg

Edited by Anticontrarian

pdate from me, Captain Felix and his Lt are finished, as is 5 Agressors.

http://i.imgur.com/h07ponSl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/H4LfOrXl.jpg

Currently furiously working on the Ancient! Hope I finish in time!

This is really cool. I don't know if this was intentional but you nailed Decimus Felix from how he appeared in the Dark Imperium book. Dark hair, stony/serious expression and tanned skin alongside his Gravis armor. Plus the Blue/Gold color scheme the Ultramarines 11th Company Company wore. Really liked the character though Im not sure if he's still active in frontline combat since he got promoted to Tetrarch by the end of the novel and is more of a Sector governor now.

Regardless good job on the paintwork! :)

Hey guys! Finally finished the blend on my power sword (took me 3 tries, still not quite happy) and am ready to show my completed vow!

gallery_99652_13478_125533.jpggallery_99652_13478_1041091.jpggallery_99652_13478_27490.jpggallery_99652_13478_1617451.jpg

Played these guys in my first tournament ever this weekend and they did really well! To be honest I'm going to be doing a lot more detail work, but for now I'll be proud to play these on many tables and against many opponents!

Thanks to Centurion Jay for putting on this event and giving me some much needed motivation (a.k.a. a deadline)!

Wow some fantastic stuff here, guys!

That Leviathan is awesome, but why is his base so small??

The other Primaris forces are really good, and ShVagYeR is as impressive as always too :-D

Thanks Ishagu.

Is that not the correct size base?

I keep my bases separate to occasionally prepare a lot of bases at once.

I must have accidentally picked the wrong base then. :wallbash:

I had the Leviathan laying around for a while, so I'm happy to have it done finally.

Used it in a game last night and it performed very well for me! No new model syndrome :)

Fantatic stuff to all those who got their vows completed in time, and good luck next time to those who unfortunately didn't!

Not at my computer properly until tomorrow night when I'll update all the vows on the participation list etc.

I'd like to say thank you for letting me run the event, it has been great fun!

Jay