Black Templar Chapter Tactics Leaked: Reroll Charges

Kilamandaros

I highly doubt we'll see the old Righteous Zeal back in action... it's just unlikely, especially since we can Consolidate into melee, and it's a really bad or too powerful of a Chapter Tactic... essentially a really bad double edged Sword...

Powerful because moving in your enemies movement phase with the addition of Consolidating into combat and the ability to tie up units from shooting can negate units from shooting you in their shooting phase... unless you restrict it so that they can shoot their weapons normally even if you advanced to within 1" of the enemy unit/model... too powerful because you can choose to advance in the opposite direction of the enemy when it's their turn to charge, thus causing them to fail charging altogether and leaving them open to your fire and Assault... imagine Deep Striking a unit of Terminators against a Templar player with this rule, and they shoot and you advance away from them... now they're just left in the open without any chance to Assault at all... we could be absolutely cheesy with this and just use this to get away from anything while dominating the Assaults by constantly getting the charge... 8th ed. is about balance... and giving the players the chance to win, not having a specific army = instantaneous win...

even the Ultramarines Chapter Tactic has a negative to theirs, where if they Fall Back, they can shoot but at -1 BS...

This can be bad as well, because if you do decide to Advance towards the enemy during their Shooting phase, then you'd be in range of their Assaulting units even more... last thing you want is for a Tyranid army, an Ork Army, or any melee dedicated army tbh, to rush into... and get slaughtered in the process... that's how Zarha fell the first time during Helsreach... yeah sure, it would be nice against a Tau army or against Guard, where the last thing they want is to be in melee range, but against Nids, where they are already in your face, the last thing you want is to be within Charging distance of Genestealers...

Based on 7th ed... I think the CT would be more similar to that, a +1 Attack if you get wounded from any type of shooting or psychic attack, i.e. normal Shooting/Overwatch and the "passive rule" is the ability to do Deny the Witch for any unit and probably an Advance roll is 2D6 pick highest... which gives us 3 bonus rules for being Templars :p 2 permanent rules and one occasional...

I can't see that happening unless they have the CT increase leadership and/or introduce a new rule to an existing and/or new character that increases LD by x for all units within y inches.

Mind you, they could just as well adjust the LD in Crusader Squads, but one would have thought they'd do that in the FAQ.

The Codices have been said to change most of the entries to the point they completely invalidate respective parts of the Indices.

I expect the CT to have an overall CC boost and some fashion of Abhor the Witch.

I would hope they give us something specific Combat wise, our HQs are nice and help with that specifically.

So far we had some space in books and the later Index even more than some fist founding Chapter, wouldn't make sense to draw traits from IF since they fight so differently, unless they include stuff that we and Crimson Fists would use.

Would be happy with a Deny the Witch at the very least, but something involving the Charge and Fight phase would be nicer. 

Last night at work i thought about a deny the witch ability for templars as a CT.

Basically on a unyielding resolve, but only works on templar units. We ignore the damage on a roll of 6.

Or a standard bearers ability. On a 4+ from taking a wound from a psyker ability model makes one attack before leaving table.

I was thinking along the lines of:

"Spend a command point to automaticly make and pass a deny the witch roll, even if no friendly psykers are present"

and some kind of mob rule for crusader squads, so I have an excuse to assemble the many, many boxes of sprues I have

What if its like every black templar model has that same ability that non-psyker inquisitors have? You can deny the witch but with only 1d6 instead of 2d6?

That be utterly useless because a lot of heretic powers need at least 6 or more in 2d6, with 1d6 you could only deny those succesful rolls if they passed it by the minimum amount required and you rolling a 6.

I'd rather see something along the lines that: you can advance and charge if you nominate at least one enemy <psyker> as target of the charge

First look is up. One of them is British Telecom, so that puts that to rest.

• Ultramarines
  • White Scars
  • Imperial Fists
  • Salamanders
  • Raven Guard
  • Iron Hands
  • Crimson Fists
  • Black Templars

In the meantime, we’ll be focusing on a different Chapter every day until then to tide you over. Make sure to come back tomorrow for your first look, and in the meantime, you can kick off your army with Start Collecting! Space Marines or get your hands on some of the new units and heroes.

ALSO CLICKING THE BLACK TEMPLARS LEADS TO THE ULTRAMARINES UPGRADE PACK.

Basically BT CT will be Close Combat focus.

Helbrecth with Grimaldus and... Reivers, (spits)

Maybe it's a bonus to the graplinh hooks.

Too much mortal kombat. God waking up to those god awfull minis ruinedy day.

Ugh who in their right mind would ruin their army bringing Reivers, terrible models, IDC how good the rules are.

Happy it's confirmed we have our own CTs/ WTs, stratagems etc. hoping for some kind of psychic defence as smite spam is killing me right now.

Crimson Fists being/not being an individual CT is confusing, although it's nice to see that they get their own Warlord Trait and Relic.

As I've mentioned, they didn't have individual Chapter Tactics even during 6th and 7th edition, they have always used the Imperial Fit Chapter Tactics, since they are Codex Compliant and are Sons of Dorn...

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet from FB via GW.

"However, Lee Slater- the Crimson Fists and Black Templars are unique in this regard. As they have such non-standard ways of fighting, both have their own Chapter Tactics and special rules"

Archived